Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

+36
Deadly Nightshade
Bellatori
ghost whistler
boatlady
skwalker1964
methought
cybercheshired
Tosh
tlttf
Shirina
Bunnyrunner
KnarkyBadger
Mel
astradt1
Red Cat Woman
Papaumau
Adele Carlyon
jackthelad
Blamhappy
AwfulTruth
blueturando
betty.noire
astra
trevorw2539
LWS
sickchip
Ivan
witchfinder
bobby
keenobserver1
Redflag
Stox 16
oftenwrong
Phil Hornby
Penderyn
Ivanhoe
40 posters

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 7 Empty When do you think there will be a leadership challenge in the Lib Dems?

Post by Ivanhoe Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Lib-Dems will not let Nick Clegg lead them into the next general election because Clegg will definitely be a liability.

The Lib-Dems won't have their leadership challenge too near the general election because this will be seen as a vote grabber.

The Lib-Dems must have their leadership challenge ages before the next general election to be seen as a genuine change of leadership.

So, when do you think their leadership challenge will be ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 7 Empty Re: What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

Post by Mel Wed May 02, 2012 12:38 pm

Ivanhoe, I wont go into detail except IMO he was the best PM we have ever had for all, except perhaps he could have done more for those in the North East.

Mel

Back to top Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 7 Empty Re: What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

Post by Adele Carlyon Wed May 02, 2012 12:45 pm

I'm 99% softy and 1% nutter! I just can't stand two faced people! If I met you on a dark night I'd probably jump more than you! haha
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed May 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:I'm 99% softy and 1% nutter! I just can't stand two faced people! If I met you on a dark night I'd probably jump more than you! haha

Adele, I am assuming you are responding to me ?. I dont think Clegg has been "two faced". He has been doing his best for the country and his supporters, based on the scenario he was face with at the last G/E, thanks to Britain's ever so politically intelligent voters.

And if I met you on a dark night, it would be nice to have a chat, if you were up to it ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed May 02, 2012 1:09 pm

" I dont think Clegg has been "two faced". He has been doing his best for the country and his supporters"

Eh??? surely you jest Ivanhoe? (not joust Very Happy )

Adele was responding to me if you read my post to her. Rolling Eyes
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed May 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:"I really do not know how the bastard can have the audacity to hold his
shameful head up."

He doesn't most of the time, just watch him in the commons. He's top of the class for knowing just how many stitches went into making his shoes, as they're the only thing s he looks at most of the time.

People with a real passion for how this country is being governed, and especially those with a sense of fairness, will never forget those broken promises.

The libs sneaked up my path last week to push a leaflet through my door, don't think he was expecting anyone to be in. Boy did he get a surprise when I shoved his leaflet back into his pocket with a few choice words. He was lucky that I didn't file it up his arse on the second shelf on the right! Twisted Evil

And you don't wanna know what happened to the BNP guy who leafleted me 3 years ago, lets just say that he's still recieving counselling and still trying to look up the meaning of "courage of your convictions" lol :affraid:

Hi adele I like your style, I have been waiting and hoping that either a L/D or a Tory councillor would try to put a leaflet through my letterbox to be truthful I have been praying just so I could do just that ram it up his (i do not like filing) jackzy until it hurt or make them stand there until they ate it bit by bit at the same time hoping they choked on there own words. I would love to know what you done too the BNP guy my mind is boggling but well done. Twisted Evil
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed May 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Redflag wrote:
Adele Carlyon wrote:"I really do not know how the bastard can have the audacity to hold his
shameful head up."

He doesn't most of the time, just watch him in the commons. He's top of the class for knowing just how many stitches went into making his shoes, as they're the only thing s he looks at most of the time.

People with a real passion for how this country is being governed, and especially those with a sense of fairness, will never forget those broken promises.

The libs sneaked up my path last week to push a leaflet through my door, don't think he was expecting anyone to be in. Boy did he get a surprise when I shoved his leaflet back into his pocket with a few choice words. He was lucky that I didn't file it up his arse on the second shelf on the right! Twisted Evil

And you don't wanna know what happened to the BNP guy who leafleted me 3 years ago, lets just say that he's still recieving counselling and still trying to look up the meaning of "courage of your convictions" lol :affraid:

Hi adele I like your style, I have been waiting and hoping that either a L/D or a Tory councillor would try to put a leaflet through my letterbox to be truthful I have been praying just so I could do just that ram it up his (i do not like filing) jackzy until it hurt or make them stand there until they ate it bit by bit at the same time hoping they choked on there own words. I would love to know what you done too the BNP guy my mind is boggling but well done. Twisted Evil

Me too. But I would face them with the truth, and not some knee jerk reaction.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Wed May 02, 2012 3:15 pm

The BNP fella lives round the corner from me, he walks his red setter past my house most days. The day he pushed his peice of crap through my door was possibly the worse day he could have picked...

Me and my two sons had just buried our beloved cat Smudge and we were all distraught. I heard the letter box go, so went to have a look if it was the postman, only to find a BNP leaflet sticking out of the letter box. So I opened the front door and saw the guy a few doors up with another fella. I walked onto the path and shouted to him to come back as I didn't want his piece of crap leaflet. He hesitated, so I said that I'll come there to you if your legs are too wobbly to walk back here.

So he walks back to me and I asked him why he thought the BNP are a party that any sane person would want to vote for? No answer. So I ask him what are his party's views on education and the health service? No answer. So I asked him if he'd been struck dumb? No he says! I'm relieved, he can actually talk, but I'm worried about if he can actually string a sentence together. Then I ask him why such a right wing party, devoid of anything that resembles empathy or common sense could appeal to anyone with more than one brain cell? He replies with Eh? Then he says that our country is over run with foreigners who take all our benefits and give nothing back!

That's when the red mist descended and I lost my temper. I asked him if he could see the beautiful wild pond over the hedge, he nods, I say good! Coz if you ever step foot on my property again to deliever one of your hate filled pieces of crap, I'll kick you and your dog head head first into that pond. I also told him that if he let his dog crap on my lawn one more time I'd sow it's arse up!
Then came the immortal words, "I'm only delivering them" that's where the courage of your convictions comment came in! Wink
I've never had anymore leaflets off them, even tho everyone else in our row has!

To add insult to injury, the BNP top dog for wigan is my retired GP who also happens to be my Dad's best friend. He got my dad to go to meetings he organised, and as a result me and my Dad don't have anything like as good a relationship as we used to. He doesn't support the BNP openly anymore, I wish I could move on and forgive him, but I can't.

There you have it! lol
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed May 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:The BNP fella lives round the corner from me, he walks his red setter past my house most days. The day he pushed his peice of crap through my door was possibly the worse day he could have picked...

Me and my two sons had just buried our beloved cat Smudge and we were all distraught. I heard the letter box go, so went to have a look if it was the postman, only to find a BNP leaflet sticking out of the letter box. So I opened the front door and saw the guy a few doors up with another fella. I walked onto the path and shouted to him to come back as I didn't want his piece of crap leaflet. He hesitated, so I said that I'll come there to you if your legs are too wobbly to walk back here.

So he walks back to me and I asked him why he thought the BNP are a party that any sane person would want to vote for? No answer. So I ask him what are his party's views on education and the health service? No answer. So I asked him if he'd been struck dumb? No he says! I'm relieved, he can actually talk, but I'm worried about if he can actually string a sentence together. Then I ask him why such a right wing party, devoid of anything that resembles empathy or common sense could appeal to anyone with more than one brain cell? He replies with Eh? Then he says that our country is over run with foreigners who take all our benefits and give nothing back!

That's when the red mist descended and I lost my temper. I asked him if he could see the beautiful wild pond over the hedge, he nods, I say good! Coz if you ever step foot on my property again to deliever one of your hate filled pieces of crap, I'll kick you and your dog head head first into that pond. I also told him that if he let his dog crap on my lawn one more time I'd sow it's arse up!
Then came the immortal words, "I'm only delivering them" that's where the courage of your convictions comment came in! Wink
I've never had anymore leaflets off them, even tho everyone else in our row has!

To add insult to injury, the BNP top dog for wigan is my retired GP who also happens to be my Dad's best friend. He got my dad to go to meetings he organised, and as a result me and my Dad don't have anything like as good a relationship as we used to. He doesn't support the BNP openly anymore, I wish I could move on and forgive him, but I can't.

There you have it! lol

How long did you have your beloved cat, Smudge for ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed May 02, 2012 4:17 pm

P.S. I would have questioned the benefits immigrants bit, because it's rubbish.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed May 02, 2012 5:39 pm

What future will the Lib Dems have after tomorrow?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Wed May 02, 2012 5:46 pm

"How long did you have your beloved cat, Smudge for ?"

He found us when he was around 6 months old, he was 17 when he died of heart failure. He was snow white all over and as bright as a button, he used to talk to me all the time. I've lost 4 cats now and it gets no easier.
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed May 02, 2012 5:53 pm

he used to talk to me all the time

They tend to have a restricted vocabulary, though ....

Feed me. Now let me sit on your lap. Scratch my poll. I'm going to have a wash, so don't throw me off. Stop wriggling. What's for tea?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed May 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:"How long did you have your beloved cat, Smudge for ?"

He found us when he was around 6 months old, he was 17 when he died of heart failure. He was snow white all over and as bright as a button, he used to talk to me all the time. I've lost 4 cats now and it gets no easier.

Adele, My wife and I had to have out little 12 year old Yorkie put down due to rabid cancer just 5 months ago, and we got her from a pup.

She was a little person, and she contolled us, and as you say, our pets choose us. To say we miss her, is an understatement.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Wed May 02, 2012 6:45 pm

I'm so sorry that you lost her. It's such an empty space that they leave. I had a little Jack Russell that was my xmas present when my mum and dad took us all to live in ireland in the early eighties. She got cancer and died when she was 12yrs old. Even now, all these years later, I can't look at a piccy of her without crying. I used to take her into the little village we lived in, sat in the front basket on my bike, she used to follow us to school and make us late coz we had to take her all the way back and then set out all over again! lol
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed May 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:I'm so sorry that you lost her. It's such an empty space that they leave. I had a little Jack Russell that was my xmas present when my mum and dad took us all to live in ireland in the early eighties. She got cancer and died when she was 12yrs old. Even now, all these years later, I can't look at a piccy of her without crying. I used to take her into the little village we lived in, sat in the front basket on my bike, she used to follow us to school and make us late coz we had to take her all the way back and then set out all over again! lol

Yes Adele, I appreciate what you say, she was our little girl. They do leave a big hole that cannot be refilled, because you cannot replace the spirit or the character. Tell me, what part of Ireland did you go to ?

Also, I think we had better get back on topc, or Ivan will be on our backs because he is very strict.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed May 02, 2012 7:47 pm

A dog's life.

Obviously.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed May 02, 2012 8:23 pm

oftenwrong wrote:What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

A dog's life.

Obviously.

Give it a rest mate.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Wed May 02, 2012 9:21 pm

"what part of Ireland did you go to ?"

A little village in Co Kerry, called Killorglin. aka heaven on earth...
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed May 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Ah!!!!!!!!!! County Kerry---absolute paradise.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun May 13, 2012 12:35 am

Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Sun May 13, 2012 4:50 pm

I think that the Guardian are being a little premature with this poll. There are 3 years to go yet.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun May 13, 2012 5:05 pm

I think that the Guardian are being a little premature with this poll. There are 3 years to go yet.

What then, perhaps they should sit on the Poll results, and release them when they are 3 years old. I wonder what you would say if they did that?
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sun May 13, 2012 8:17 pm

What then, perhaps they should sit on the Poll results, and release them when they are 3 years old

They'd certainly be well 'pressed'.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Sun May 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Mel wrote:Ah!!!!!!!!!! County Kerry---absolute paradise.

It sure is! Magical place, full of magical people, and the scenery ain't bad either Mel! Wink I miss living there so much. I'd love to go back when I retire, if I can afford to. sigh...
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun May 13, 2012 10:39 pm

Some people are much happier waiting until AFTER the result, so that they can claim, "I said that's what would happen!"
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon May 14, 2012 9:03 am

Of course ther LibDems will have a future by 2015. But I am less confident about quarter to nine...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon May 14, 2012 11:56 am

Adele Carlyon wrote:The BNP fella lives round the corner from me, he walks his red setter past my house most days. The day he pushed his peice of crap through my door was possibly the worse day he could have picked...

There you have it! lol

Adele I did as you have said LOL, Im only sorry I was not there to see it that says more about my sense of humour which is on the evil and wicked side.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:10 pm

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ52reLbCgqE_wCEKMg3PFmvdEAowB0vgbs4Bib3aMv3csjmxV(choler.co.uk)

" ...and, once, I came this close to telling the truth..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Phil Hornby wrote: What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ52reLbCgqE_wCEKMg3PFmvdEAowB0vgbs4Bib3aMv3csjmxV(choler.co.uk)

"The latest Greek politicians to be elected have asked me how much advice I can provide them about dominating a coalition."
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Nick Clegg Open To Forming Lib Dem Coalition With Labour And Ed Miliband After Next Election

Nick Clegg would take the Liberal Democrats into a coalition after the next election which would put Ed Miliband in Number 10, he said on Saturday.

The Deputy Prime Minister suggested his party would do its "duty" by working with Labour in the same way it was now in partnership with the Conservatives if voters failed to return an overall victor in 2015.

It comes after Business Secretary Vince Cable indicated he would be open to taking over leadership of the party, which has seen its popularity plummet since going into government with the Tories.

Clegg said he hoped that by 2015 the public would see the Lib Dems had "created a better economy and a fairer society".

"If the British people, like they did last time, say no-one has won, then I'll be open to working with other parties," he told The People.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/21/nick-clegg-would-form-liberal-democrat-coalition-labour-miliband_n_1692097.html?utm_hp_ref=uk#comments

It looks like Clegg is getting very jittery and looking to line up his next job....

Should Labour take these comments and offer seriously?
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Phil Hornby wrote: What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ52reLbCgqE_wCEKMg3PFmvdEAowB0vgbs4Bib3aMv3csjmxV(choler.co.uk)

Have you heard his latest Clegg said he would go into coalition with the Labour party at the next G.E, he is hissing against the wind there, Labour would have nothing to do with Clegg after what he has done, besides the public hate his guts for letting the Tories get so many of there Ideology Bills through the H.O.C. The only way the Labour party would deal with the L/Ds is if they did not get enough votes to govern alone, and as long as Clegg is leader of the L/Ds no party would co-op with them.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:17 pm

82 years in the wilderness, followed by five years humiliation as Cameron's lapdog, followed by another 82 years in the wilderness again, unless perhaps Boris decides to take them over as a personal project.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:05 pm

Could you find anyone more unprincipled than Nick Clegg? Having helped the most right-wing government in history to dismantle the NHS, privatise everything in sight and give tax breaks to millionaires, he now wants to work with Labour after 2015, presumably to help reverse as many of those measures as possible!
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm sure Labour will have no hesitation in welcoming the Lib Dems to the fold if they have to. Of course you will be singing a different tune then Im sure

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:53 pm

blueturando wrote:I'm sure Labour will have no hesitation in welcoming the Lib Dems to the fold if they have to. Of course you will be singing a different tune then Im sure

Bluey, Do you believe in privatisation and charities taking over the role of what a lot of people believe the State should provide, like the NHS, and Community Care ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:53 pm

blueturando. That's not the issue I was talking about. Clegg is so without principles that he's prepared to do the opposite of what he's doing now if it will give him a few more years in power!

We can speculate as much as we like, but I doubt if there will be enough Lib Dems in Parliament after the next election to affect the balance of power. Plenty of former Lib Dem voters have already been "welcomed to the fold" as you put it, and the next election looks like being a straight fight between the Tories and Labour. As no government since March 1974 has increased its share of the vote in the subsequent election (and on that occasion it was only seven months later), I can't see the Tories improving on their 36% against Gordon Brown. I'd put my money on a repeat of 1997, but then as I said, we can only speculate.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:04 pm

In the name of common decency, we must hope that the Labour Party will not prove to be so desperate as to do what Cameron did in his lust for power.

There is little doubt that Clegg would do anything to hold onto his job, but unless it was a very short-term measure to ensure stable government prior to another General Election being called, it would be less than edifying to see a Labour leader stooping so low as a Tory PM would so willingly do.

A five-year coalition under the peacetime British political system is nothing more than a hi-jacking by minorities prior to looting the country... not to mention an admission that the parties involved are scared of what another election would bring to thwart their cosy collusion...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Bluey, Do you believe in privatisation and charities taking over the role of what a lot of people believe the State should provide, like the NHS, and Community Care ?.

This is a different question all together and one that cannot be answered with Yes/No....

Yes I want a publicly funded NHS and Community care, but I fear for the future as the costs go spirraling out of control. Without reform the whole system is doomed, but I do not want the reform this coalition is trying to push through...it''s too narrow and short sighted to work in the long term....A sticking plaster if you like

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:51 pm

Ivan.....I would be happy with a straight fight. Everyone can now see the Lib Dems could never govern the country

It's easy to say what you think people want hear when you've got no chance of being voted in and I think the Lib Dems have been guilty of that for many years

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:54 pm

A five-year coalition under the peacetime British political system is nothing more than a hi-jacking by minorities prior to looting the country... not to mention an admission that the parties involved are scared of what another election would bring to thwart their cosy collusion... .

Phil you and I both know that in the event of another hung parliament in 2015, both Cameron and Miliband will do everything they can to get the likes of the Lib Dems or UKIP (if they get seats) on side to stop the other forming the next government......Principles go out of the window all round

Last edited by blueturando on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:53 pm

Democracy can make uneasy bedfellows of the most unlikely "allies".

The difference between Government and Opposition is enormous. One side makes all the decisions while the other side can only watch until such time as it may become their turn to grasp the levers of Power.

Political custom ensures that grandmothers will be sold into slavery and every last manifesto promise abandoned if that's what it takes to maintain a grip on said levers.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next