Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long do you think the coalition will last?

+24
Red Cat Woman
Adele Carlyon
sickchip
tlttf
Blamhappy
betty.noire
Scarecrow
Penderyn
astradt1
jackthelad
atv
Stox 16
Mel
LWS
Phil Hornby
Ivan
oftenwrong
witchfinder
Redflag
blueturando
trevorw2539
bobby
astra
Ivanhoe
28 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

How long do you think the coalition will last? - Page 5 Empty How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Ivanhoe Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:28 am

First topic message reminder :

I want people's opinion of how long they think this coalition will last. ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

How long do you think the coalition will last? - Page 5 Empty Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by astra Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:29 pm

The highway code is going to have to be re written

"Show your Driving Licence to a police officer in Uniform" or words to that effect!

A police officer's uniform means nothing now, you can go to a fancy dress shop and pick up a half decent first look replica for 'COPPERS'

A policeman's lot is not a happy one!

astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

How long do you think the coalition will last? - Page 5 Empty Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Redflag Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:39 pm

astra wrote:The highway code is going to have to be re written

"Show your Driving Licence to a police officer in Uniform" or words to that effect!

A police officer's uniform means nothing now, you can go to a fancy dress shop and pick up a half decent first look replica for 'COPPERS'

A policeman's lot is not a happy one!

I know that police are not allowed to go on strike by law do you think this will change astra or will the private coppers be defending the public against the riots by police?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:10 pm

aRE 'they' Going to do away with PSA's, 'Hobby Bobbys and all the other tiers of officialdom who operate for peanuts yet we pay dearly for?

I am tired of the ever increasing number of politicians and 'Officialdom' breathing down our necks.

It was mentioned some where else that in the hustings, Cameroon was going to "Set Fire To the QUANGO'S What appened to that?
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:32 pm

It is quite possible that the next election could see another hung parliament, but this time with Labour been the largest party, what would happen in such an instance ?, what would you like to see happen. ?

It may be that another coalition would be the only choice to get policies of a progressive, social democratic nature through the house, because the Conservatives certainly wont support such legislation.

It may well be that Labour would have to at least co-operate with the Lib Dems to get a set of bills through parliament, the understanding would have to be that Nick Clegg would have to go, together with a few other quislings like Danny Alexander for example.

We have to face reality, a Lab-Lib coalition is natural - this present coalition is not natural, its unholy, its rather like a chalk and cheese alliance, and the Lib Dems are going to pay for it at the next general election.

witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:45 pm

If the opinion polls are to be believed, the number of Lib Dem MPs after the next election will be reduced from 57 to between 5 and 11. The result would have to be very close for them to have any relevance.

Once the evil behaviour of this sleaze-ridden and incompetent shower of asset-strippers has been rumbled by the electorate, I would expect a result next time similar to 1997.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:47 pm

I really thought the Liberals had shot the bolt when David Owen and all changed their goalposts for them!

I cannot see the Liberals surviving now! I do not think they have a future - OH! Clegg Alexander and all the rest have feathered their nests VERY nicely, but the party is now a joke.

The political scenery is changing faster than an episode of Daktari (remember that one?) and we have more strings being pulled than in an episode of THUNDERBIRDS! ( At least, in the children's tv programme you could see the strings there!) I think figuring out all the 'what iffs' is interesting but what things will be like when the next election comes round, and the dust settles may be most unexpected.
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:53 pm

witchfinder wrote:It is quite possible that the next election could see another hung parliament, but this time with Labour been the largest party, what would happen in such an instance ?, what would you like to see happen. ?

It may be that another coalition would be the only choice to get policies of a progressive, social democratic nature through the house, because the Conservatives certainly wont support such legislation.

It may well be that Labour would have to at least co-operate with the Lib Dems to get a set of bills through parliament, the understanding would have to be that Nick Clegg would have to go, together with a few other quislings like Danny Alexander for example.

We have to face reality, a Lab-Lib coalition is natural - this present coalition is not natural, its unholy, its rather like a chalk and cheese alliance, and the Lib Dems are going to pay for it at the next general election.

I don't think the Blue or Yellow Tories would have enough in the H.O.C to stop whatever party gets in, and with the Lib/Dems been tainted by association Labour could not go into coalition with them there voters who not stand for it I for one would rather see them in coalition with the greens.

I agree that the Lib/Dems will pay and pay dearly for there coalition with the Tories and all the Bills they have helped the Tories to get through and the worst one is the NHS and the Welfare cap, I will never forget or forgive the yellow Tories for what they have allowed the Tories Ideology into every part of our public service so Lib/Dems do not come near me or take what you get.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:32 pm

witchfinder wrote:It is quite possible that the next election could see another hung parliament, but this time with Labour been the largest party, what would happen in such an instance ?, what would you like to see happen. ?

Perhaps we should return to a Monarchy. Ooops, now how do I delete that:)

Just a thought. I wonder if it would make any difference if the Labour Party stood up and said outright 'We will look again at every private contract awarded by this Government with a view to cancellation without redress' WHEN/IF we come to power.

I doubt it, though one could wish that private companies might think twice before committing themselves. Still we live in a TORY dream world where 'Santa' is a swear word. santa

I agree with Astra and Ivan. The LibDems are totally discredited. Power can be an aphrodisiac, but the effects wear off. Particularly if the dose is shared between two. It's time for them to wake up and see what they are allowing to happen. It is not all down to the Tories. If you are helping in a crime you are aiding and abetting. That is what they are doing. They will reap the reward in, I believe, the disintegration of the LibDems. Wishywashy politics will be rinsed out at the Election, or perhaps before. Or am I too optimistic?Crying or Very sad
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:57 pm

If Labour can not win the next GE by a landslide, I will be amazed.

There are so many Tory’s now pulling against Government, the Government that is bound to loose many seats in an Election. As for the Conservative B-Team (lib-dems), their day is well and truly done, they will lose so many seats they wouldn’t be able to form a coalition with Labour, even if Labour wanted one. As for the Tory C-Team (UKIP), I think they may get a few of the Tory deserters, but only the Europhobes. I shouldn’t think they would look attractive to many Lib-Dems. It is a done deal and Herr Cameron knows it, that’s why he is pushing through as much Tory Ideological policies as he can. He knows he wont win the next Election (should he still be their party leader), and quite frankly I don’t think he cares as his job will have been done, and to change things back to anywhere near what they were, is going to cost a fortune. This Coalition Government have run rough shod over this country, and they aint stopped yet. They must be gotten rid of.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:14 pm

My prediction is that the next GE will be a very close-run thing. Those Tories may be unpopular in many quarters, but we can be sure that all their might will be utilised in a dirty propaganda war within which their Media nodding-dogs will be only too willing to post any number of lies, distortions and smears to undermine their opponents' claims to govern.

Tories see themselves as the natural party of government and they feel that any threat to their chances of power is an act of treachery and betrayal. Consequently, they will contemplate and sanction anything which allows them to continuing reaping the benefits of office - that usually being the feathering of their and their friends' nests at the expense of the common man.

Until many people who should know better start to understand that the archetypal Tory is a sub-human entity, which should never be let loose with any undertaking which can impact upon the lives of the unwary, we are always liable to face the prospect of a continuation of the horrible disease called Toryism...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:31 pm

QUOTE: "will the private coppers be defending the public against the riots by police?"

Maybe that's what it's all about, with some coppers belonging to private companies.

Americans will know about the Pinkertons from their history as strike-breakers. Others may Google the name.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:29 pm

bobby wrote:If Labour can not win the next GE by a landslide, I will be amazed.

There are so many Tory’s now pulling against Government, the Government that is bound to loose many seats in an Election. As for the Conservative B-Team (lib-dems), their day is well and truly done, they will lose so many seats they wouldn’t be able to form a coalition with Labour, even if Labour wanted one. As for the Tory C-Team (UKIP), I think they may get a few of the Tory deserters, but only the Europhobes. I shouldn’t think they would look attractive to many Lib-Dems. It is a done deal and Herr Cameron knows it, that’s why he is pushing through as much Tory Ideological policies as he can. He knows he wont win the next Election (should he still be their party leader), and quite frankly I don’t think he cares as his job will have been done, and to change things back to anywhere near what they were, is going to cost a fortune. This Coalition Government have run rough shod over this country, and they aint stopped yet. They must be gotten rid of.

Hi bobby I do hope that Labour get the landslide they should get at the same time I feel sorry for them trying to clean up the mess the Blue and Yellow Tories will leave, we have council elections here in Scotland in May we will have a fight on our hands as the SNP are desperate to get there hands on the local council because they need money so that they can run there stupid referendum, at the moment the Lib/Dems control quite a few of our councils but that will come to an end in May so Clegg is in for a shock if he thought last May was bad (from 17 down to 5 MSPs) this could bed the end of the Lib/Dems in Scotland.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi Phil. I know where you are coming from, but due to the fact that it will have been the Tory led Coalition in power for the past however many years, there really isn’t a lot they or their media dogs can point at Labour for, unless they make it a personal fight and try to dish some dirt, even if there isn’t any, I mean, since when has the truth got in the way of a good story, with the Tory biased Media, but that will be all they will have. They wont be able to say “The mess left by the previous Government or the like, as it will be Labours turn to say something similar, only it will be the truth. They wont be able to blame Clegg and his swarm of mosquitoes as every one thinks Clegg has played the minor roll, even if that’s not quite true. All the damaging policies other than the school fee’s are down to the Tory’s, especially the NHS privatisation and now the Police privatisation. They have proved beyond any shadow of a doubt their plans are to privatise everything, and no matter what they say, given a short bit of time no one will believe what they say.
What I wonder is, how can the people who voted for them still support them, as they are a completely different party than the one they presented in their lying, cheating lead up to the election. These supporters must be nothing other than Tory Sycophants and would vote for them no matter what.

Phil do you remember how many Tory’s we had on the old MSN boards, where are they now. It seems there are only two left.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:28 pm

"Tory’s we had on the old MSN boards, where are they now. It seems there are only two left."

Quite a lot of Tories are in Government, controlling our lives for at least the next couple of years if their plans work out. Despite unpopularity, they are ahead of Labour in Polls.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:55 am

oftenwrong Yesterday at 10:28 pm

"Tory’s we had on the old MSN boards, where are they now. It seems there are only two left."

Quite a lot of Tories are in Government, controlling our lives for at least the next couple of years if their plans work out. Despite unpopularity, they are ahead of Labour in Polls.

How long do you think the coalition will last? - Page 5 New_statesman_logo

Labour must face up to Cameron's popularity

Posted by Jonathan Rutherford - 21 February 2012 13:08

The party needs to understand the emotional and symbolic nature of Cameron's appeal.

Found this article interesting.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:04 am

oftenwrong wrote:"Tory’s we had on the old MSN boards, where are they now. It seems there are only two left."

Not by a lot I would imagine, and for how long will they be ahead in the polls OW do you not think when the UK public wake up too the fact that the Tories have privatized the NHS, IMHO when people can not get certain treatments on the NHS and are asked to pay then "ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE" and I think that would be the end of Scam..er..on and ALL his COHORTS.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Despite unpopularity, they are ahead of Labour in Polls..

This tells you all you need to know. They might be unpopular to you and others of your ilk, but not with wider public.

If you believe everyone thinks like you lot, then you're in for disappointment. Most of the stuff you chat about on here is either made up or grossly exagerated, so how can anyone take you seriously....just like Labour

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:20 pm

blueturando wrote:
Despite unpopularity, they are ahead of Labour in Polls..

This tells you all you need to know. They might be unpopular to you and others of your ilk, but not with wider public.

If you believe everyone thinks like you lot, then you're in for disappointment. Most of the stuff you chat about on here is either made up or grossly exagerated, so how can anyone take you seriously....just like Labour

According to the people that know about these things they say that all the unpopular Bills (NHS & Welfare cap) will be in front of the UK within the next 18 months, that will take us to around 9 months before the 2015 GE that is when you will see the anger towards the Tory Gov't and the polls going in Labours favour.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Well its almost two years now since this government came to power, so lets look at the key differences between then and now.

In May 2010 unemployment was 2.48 million
In March 2012 unemployment is 2.70 million

In May 2010 UK growth was running at 1.1%
Most recent UK growth figure is -0.2%

Inflation in May 2010 was 3.4%
Most recent figure is 3.6%

UK net debt is higher now than in 2010

Youth unemployment is fast approaching one quarter of all young people

The economy has ground to a halt, growth is heading back towards recession and David Cameron and George Osborne insist they are on track.
witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:37 pm

The Tory's are rarely ahead in the polls, and do polls matter that much anyway, the poll that will matter is the one on Election day, and if polls do matter, Ed Milliband is further ahead in the polls than Herr Cameron was at the same time in his leadership of the opposition, so its all to play for. If all the Tory’s can complain about is Ken Livingstone’s tax returns , they really don’t have too much in their arsenal for us to worry about. As has been said many times. Most of the crap that is as I write rolling down hill towards the Poor, unemployed, disabled, sick and the elderly hasn’t reached its target yet, when it does, we may see a different picture. We still have many unaffected people who are busy working away and getting on with their lives with no interest in politics, will they remain neutral when Crime rockets as its sure to, the news is full of disruption during the Olympics and any other protests that WILL occur, as is often said, when things go wrong, it’s down to the incumbent Government, even Herr Cameron has repeatedly said, the buck stops with him, then if he said it, it must be a complete falsehood.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Bluey. Could you let us know what you think of Herr Camerons latest, in wanting to privatise the police?
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:52 pm

Yes I have heard Bobby......All police officers are to be sacked and have re-apply for their jobs in the private sector...this is terrible Rolling Eyes

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Most of the stuff you chat about on here is either made up or grossly exagerated, so how can anyone take you seriously....just like Labour.

Bobby....see my comment from ealier today.....thanks for proving my point

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:38 pm

Hello Bluey. Thanks for the honest answer.

At what point will it be the one straw that bvroke the camels back. Do you not think it is now obvieous that all they want to do is to privatise everything, now the police, whatever next, the fire brigade, ambulance service, town councils, where will they stop. It is Tory Ideology at its very worse. Do you think the Tory party we now have, bear any resemblance to the Tory party before and during the 2010 Election Campaign.
At the moment our Police force on the whole is a responsible body, and their responsibility is to the public, but who will the private copper be responsible to, and who will they be answerable to, and although private, will we still be subsidising them as we do everything else the Tory’s privatised. It is frightening just what this Government is doing, and the speed they are doing it in. They are not even giving us their paymasters any time to get used to any possible changes, there is absolutely no fairness vectored into what they are doing, its all going one way. And that aint for the benefit of those that pay most of the national tax take, its for the mega rich and those born to rule, many including Herr Cameron and Doris Johnson are decedents of illegitimacy.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:42 pm

How long do you think the coalition will last? - Page 5 EmptyBlueturando wrote

Bobby....see my comment from ealier today.....thanks for proving my point

Could you explain please, thats gone right over my head. What points that you have made, have I proven.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Bobby, I think this young whippersnapper is playing with words! (Sorry Blue, just could not resist it!!)

You write as if ALL the plod are to be privatised, as I understand it, the Chief Consterbles and the managers are to stay in the pubic - er public domain as they are totally useless and no company would want them except for Ealing Studios!

All the usable folks are to be privatised!

OK OK Blue don't pull yer hair oot!! Us oldies can have a larf as well!

It will be intresting to see which police jobs are to be taken over - out on the streets or in the orifice writing up paperwork. If one of these private cops EVEN THINKS of stopping me, he is in for a hard time!

Incidentally, I went to the post office today and asked for a new Highway Code and the assistant looked at me as if I had 3 heads!

cloo, she keeps her soap next the boot polish!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Astra wrote: You write as if ALL the plod are to be privatised, as I understand it, the Chief Consterbles and the managers are to stay in the pubic - er public domain as they are totally useless and no company would want them except for Ealing Studios!

Yes the thing is though V. Its the rozza in da hood wot doos da nikin, init.

By the way V. How are you keeping?
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Doin' fine Bobby ta!

The Chemo is doing it's stuff just now so thankful for that. Funny how what was so frightening not so long ago has become part of living. Probably for another thread, but wot the eck!

How you doing yourself?
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:31 pm

witchfinder wrote:Well its almost two years now since this government came to power, so lets look at the key differences between then and now.

In May 2010 unemployment was 2.48 million
In March 2012 unemployment is 2.70 million

In May 2010 UK growth was running at 1.1%
Most recent UK growth figure is -0.2%

Inflation in May 2010 was 3.4%
Most recent figure is 3.6%

UK net debt is higher now than in 2010

We've been here before of course, in Thatcher's manufactured recession of the 1980s. From 5.3% unemployment in 1979, the average rate of unemployment had reached more than twice that figure by 1984, with most of the claimants in the North. Many middle-aged male manual workers never worked again.
21 years later, under a Labour Government, the figure fell back to its 1979 level.

The Tories squandered the proceeds from North Sea Oil on benefits-payments to keep the Country from dividing into Civil War.

Last edited by oftenwrong on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:33 pm

Staying off thread.

I'me doing well, V. Looking forwards to going to Italy, allthough I actually work harder there than I do here (which aint too hard to be honest). Its funny int it. As you know I go to Italy each year for a few months, yet haven't actually had a holiday as such for years.

V, Keep up the good fight . Bob.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollo Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:45 am

oftenwrong wrote
We've been here before of course, in Thatcher's manufactured recession of the 1980s. From 5.3% unemployment in 1979, the average rate of unemployment had reached more than twice that figure by 1984, with most of the claimants in the North. Many middle-aged male manual workers never worked again.
21 years later, under a Labour Government, the figure fell back to its 1979 level.

The Tories squandered the proceeds from North Sea Oil on benefits-payments to keep the Country from dividing into Civil War.[quote]

Yes, and at the time we were told that we would all have the same working hours as our european friends and the same parity with pay and pensions! Here we are 40 years later even further apart and working more hours! We just keep getting spin.
Maybe the privatisation will help, get the office whallers , who are being paid as police with all the perks, back on the srteet. This could also put an end to the little perks too, no more back-handers from A wrecking crew after an accident, open up to cheaper operators. Sack all the superintendents, when was the last time they arrested anyone?
Anonymous
Rollo

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:19 am

Strange that when it comes to public services people make quotes like :-
Sack all the superintendents, when was the last time they arrested anyone?

But you never hear quote like :- 'when was the last time Hester et.al. served a customer' when talking about highly paid bankers..

Superintendents are managers after all and I am not sure there are many large companies/organisations which do not need a manager..........
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:22 am

An extract from Peter Hitchins blog------

A Coalition of dying fake hate...

Have you noticed how the Tories and the Liberal Democrats are trying to pretend they hate each other? Like almost everything in public life these days, it’s a fake.

But both parties are worried that their collaboration has lost them voters. So watch out for a completely made-up row between them, probably over

Lords reform, followed by a Lib Dem ‘walkout’ from the Coalition. Nick Clegg will then go off to be a Euro Commissioner, a post that falls vacant in 2014. Vince Cable will probably take over his party.

Thanks to the creepy Fixed Term Parliament Act, which passed almost in silence, this walkout will not and cannot trigger a General Election. The new law means that the sort of no-confidence vote that brought down Jim Callaghan in 1979 can never happen again, a grave blow to our freedom.

So Mr Cameron will be able to stay at Downing Street at the head of a minority Tory Government.

There IMO have been many "made up rows" between Camer-con and Clegg the saffron blue.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:49 am

Mel wrote:An extract from Peter Hitchins blog------

Have you noticed how the Tories and the Liberal Democrats are trying to pretend they hate each other? Like almost everything in public life these days, it’s a fake.

But both parties are worried that their collaboration has lost them voters. So watch out for a completely made-up row between them, probably over

Lords reform, followed by a Lib Dem ‘walkout’ from the Coalition. Nick Clegg will then go off to be a Euro Commissioner, a post that falls vacant in 2014. Vince Cable will probably take over his party.

Thanks to the creepy Fixed Term Parliament Act, which passed almost in silence, this walkout will not and cannot trigger a General Election. The new law means that the sort of no-confidence vote that brought down Jim Callaghan in 1979 can never happen again, a grave blow to our freedom.

So Mr Cameron will be able to stay at Downing Street at the head of a minority Tory Government.

There IMO have been many "made up rows" between Camer-con and Clegg the saffron blue.

And how long will that minority Tory government last Mel ?, that's the question.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:10 am

Theres a new poll out this morning that shows a 5 point lead for Labour, the poll by YouGov is for The Sun, but it has to be said that with most other polls showing the two main parties neck and neck, this one could be a fluke.

My gut feeling is that given time, when the NHS reforms sink into the mindset of the British public, then Labour should move ahead, if theres one thing that upsets the British public, its messing the NHS up.

I also get the feeling that many people actualy believe the government when they say that privatisation will not happen in the NHS, these people will find out in 18 months time when staff at their local hospital are wearing name badges proudly displaying the name of a big American health company, instead of an NHS name badge.

witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:15 am

Cameron has already set up a study group to examine what changes could be made anyway, under existing Law.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:21 am

ELIZABETH KNOWLES. "if ifs and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no work for tinkers' hands." The Oxford Dictionary of Phrase and Fable. 2006. Encyclopedia.com. 6 Mar. 2012 .
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:34 pm

I sincerely hope that Clegg gets the same treatment at his conference, that Bliar got from the WRI !

NAH won't 'appen!! The WRI got that much more gonads than any lovvey back slapping liberal!!

(For our American friends, the Women's Rural Institute, and these LADIES - one and all, salutes and trembles, had Tony Blair when he was Prime Minister, for breakfast lunch and dinner!)
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:23 pm

astra wrote:I sincerely hope that Clegg gets the same treatment at his conference, that Bliar got from the WRI !

NAH won't 'appen!! The WRI got that much more gonads than any lovvey back slapping liberal!!

(For our American friends, the Women's Rural Institute, and these LADIES - one and all, salutes and trembles, had Tony Blair when he was Prime Minister, for breakfast lunch and dinner!)

It will be a lot worse than what Tony Blair got astra he has a petition awaiting him for him to get the NHS Bill and one of the activists is a GP, I can see this been the break up of the Lib/Dem party or Clegg told to stand down as leader I can also see a lot of membership cards torn up because they know that if things do not change they will no such party as the Lib/Dems.

Some one within the LDs has realized that they are the ones that are been blamed for the Tories UNFAIR POLICIES and that is the reason for there ratings in the polls.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:13 am

Ivanhoe wrote:
bobby wrote:Ivanhoe wrote.. I blame the people. Yes I mean it. We do get the politicians we deserve.

But oddly enough I dont blame Clegg. The British public pushed Clegg to do what he did.

Are you for real Ivanhoe. The people that voted for the Lib-Dems had absolutely no idea that Clegg would end up as such a comfy bed fellow to the despicable Tory Party. The people read on the Lib-Dem Posters, Vote Lib-Dem to keep the Tory’s out. At the Tripartite TV debates Clegg constantly criticised Herr Cameron, and no one but the dirty turn coats knew what was happening till the bum burger Laws and his sheeple came out to announce it to the public. In fact most of the people I spoke to from all parties, though a deal would be done with Labour, but the Tory’s where prepared to sell their souls for a lot less than was Labour.

bobby, the British in their wisdom ( joke ), created a hung Parliament, leaving Clegg to form solid government, "New" Labour under Gordon Brown lost the G/E, so you tell me what else Nick Clegg could have done ?

in my view Ivanhoe Clegg should of told the Tories he would vote on each issue that comes up...however, that was not what he was after..he was after the role within the government and sod everything else... There was just no need to side with either party...that was his choice and no one made him or his party go into Coalition with the Tories. its been done before
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:19 am

Ivanhoe wrote:
Mel wrote:An extract from Peter Hitchins blog------

And how long will that minority Tory government last Mel ?, that's the question.

it would of lasted as long as the Tories played ball with everyone...
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next