Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

+21
snowyflake
stuart torr
Kazza
Dan Fante
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
bobby
starlight07
skwalker1964
boatlady
Chivnail
Tosh
agoodman
polyglide
Phil Hornby
tlttf
witchfinder
Shirina
Blamhappy
trevorw2539
oftenwrong
AwfulTruth
25 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Has anyone seen or heard a ghost? - Page 8 Empty Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

Post by AwfulTruth Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have - seen and heard several. Am I crazy? monkey

There is a theory that most people believe they have had some kind of encounter with the dead - or whatever these things are.

It is also postulated that the dark matter in the universe may hold the key to a further dimension which may explain the spirit world. Quantum physics certainly opens the door to this strange idea, if we explore what Einstein expounded.

If you have had an experience please tell us what it was, where and when, etc. Then I will mention my own brush with the supernatural.

:affraid:

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

http://www.rhodesgreece.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen or heard a ghost? - Page 8 Empty Re: Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

Post by trevorw2539 Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:33 pm

snowyflake wrote:
Shirina wrote:Read the Bible! I'm sure there are some inspirational verses in there.
Thou shalt not smoke. It's the 11th commandment but of course this doesn't just refer to cigarettes but any smokeable material such as cannabis, crack, oregano, juniper bushes or sofas.
In the Bible during the Exodus the smokers were put at the front of the march to guide them. Thus they had a pillar of smoke by day and pillar of fire by night. Ex. 13.

An actual practise of ancient armies - though not smokers of course.

trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen or heard a ghost? - Page 8 Empty Re: Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

Post by stuart torr Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi Trevor long time no see, folks been giving me support to help me stop. but getting easier as it goes my friend.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Heretic Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:14 pm

snowyflake wrote:
Shirina wrote:Read the Bible! I'm sure there are some inspirational verses in there.
Thou shalt not smoke. It's the 11th commandment but of course this doesn't just refer to cigarettes but any smokeable material such as cannabis, crack, oregano, juniper bushes or sofas.
I guess I'm OK with smoked salmon, smokey bacon etc etc.

Heretic
Heretic
Heretic
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:26 am

The proof of evil spirits being the evil that one can find in every aspect of life today.

Man has let himself be fooled into letting the evil spirits loose.

There has been an experiment involving the readers of a newspaper participating in a seance.

The results indicate strongly that spirits do exist.

One person involved said he was frightened that although he had a reply to what he was requesting, he was, although not religious or believed in ghosts etc; was fearful that he had released an evil spirit.

This was not an isolated case as many others had similar experiences.

polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:50 am

stu wrote:Another day gone as a NON-SMOKER folks. Getting easier  day by day. Laughing 
Good man, you can do it buddy. Wink 
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:57 am

polyglide wrote:The proof of evil spirits being the evil that one can find in every aspect of life today.

Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:Evil is just a human concept, the fact we interpret things as evil doesn't prove anything, it doesn't even prove evil exists, just that we attribute a word to certain behaviours to help us understand it. Is a Lion evil when it eats another animal alive?
Man has let himself be fooled into letting the evil spirits loose.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:Ho hum, evidence please, and no, glibly stating that evil exists is not evidence.
There has been an experiment involving the readers of a newspaper participating in a seance. The results indicate strongly that spirits do exist.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:Which scientific journal published the research and it's findings? What are the results of it being  scientifically peer reviewed? News flash for you, newspapers have been known to lie in order to increase revenue. Wink 
One person involved said he was frightened that although he had a reply to what he was requesting, he was, although not religious or believed in ghosts etc;  was fearful that he had released an evil spirit.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:People claim to be Napoleon Bonaparte, I tend to be dubious of fantastic claims until they've been reasonably evidenced.  
This was not an isolated case as many others had similar experiences.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:A lot of people claim they've met Elvis, it's not an isolated incident, you see where I'm going with this I hope.

Last edited by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : crap spelling and typing)
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi folks been busy as owt today non-stop, still no smoking though, to busy to smoke. lol! 
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellatori Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:35 pm

stu wrote:Hi folks been busy as owt today non-stop, still no smoking though, to busy to smoke. lol! 
Nice to hear from Peter was it not...

Hey, that's another day Very Happy Very Happy 

Bellatori
Banned

http://www.bellatori.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Great to hear from Peter, as I was getting to think the worst. His weight is holding up too which is a good thing eh.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Heretic Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:18 pm

stu wrote:Great to hear from Peter, as I was getting to think the worst. His weight is holding up too which is a good thing eh.
Yes it is. I am finding his circumstances exhausting, I'm sure not as much as he is. To know someone is going to die is unpleasant but to know it is near for yourself must be incredibly scary. Peter seems to be sharing a brave face with us but I know that what he must be feeling is very strange, very unique (can anything be very unique?), very Peter.

I would like him to feel he can share his low points with us so that we can help him. I hope he doesn't see us as another obligation that he needs to meet. I genuinely want to be of help and I don't know how. I know it must seem difficult to understand sometimes but if I have nothing to say then I say nothing. I want to hold him in my arms and give him a big hug and share his tears with him. He has people close and that is a blessing but it can be difficult too.

I just don't know what to say to him.

Heretic
Heretic
Heretic
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Hello Heretic, as you know that I post to Peter quite a lot. well I said to him that it was great to hear his last two posts to us etc. It isn't exactly what I meant, as those posts from him you could see through like a blindman could you not?. Not in Peter's style and just two posts addressed to us all,no individuals mentioned. What I am saying Heretic is, I do not think Peter is as well as he is trying to make out he is mate. If you want to give him a hug say so as he says he accepts hugs but kisses are out of the question ok,and Heretic tell him what you have basically told me mate,and the rest of this thread,tell him your feelings you will not upset him.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:55 am

I am afraid all Dr Sheldon does is come up with basic childish replies.

Just because there may be an example of something not being what it says, does not mean that everything is disputable.

If you say evil is only a human concept. then you have to accept that everything is a human concept.

If you saw your house on fire, would you need confirmation from another source before doing anything about it?.

You assume too much based on an illogical concept.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:56 am

Every religious belief is disputable.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:00 am

I agree that all religions are disputable, I also agree that there are many false religions, that is why I looked at them all and found all but Christianity lacking.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:18 am

polyglide wrote:I agree that all religions are disputable, I also agree that there are many false religions, that is why I looked at them all and found all but Christianity lacking.
They all say that about all the other ones but lack the proof to back it up.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:26 am

snowyflake wrote:
If that's true, why is the Bible printed on rolling paper?
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:10 pm

that is why I looked at them all and found all but Christianity lacking.
Sure you did, you employed the same reasoning with evolution, which you believe is random????????????????????

Your ignorance is astounding.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:26 pm

that's why I threw mine in the bin, best days work ever did.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellatori Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:38 pm

polyglide wrote:I agree that all religions are disputable, I also agree that there are many false religions, that is why I looked at them all and found all but Christianity lacking.
Let me get this right. You looked at them all? Really? Very Happy 

You should read some Robert Heinlein novels...

God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks, please. Cash and in small bills.
or even more relevant for Christians would be

Anyone who can worship a trinity and insist that his religion is a monotheism can believe anything... just give him time to rationalize it.

Bellatori
Banned

http://www.bellatori.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:17 pm

polyglide if you have really looked at all religions, the emphasis being on REALLY and ALL and RELIGIONS . You are a better person than most people in the world not just the uk.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:45 pm

stu,

It is almost impossible not to ridicule polyglide, most of his statements sound like juvenile jibes, it took me months to accept he wasn't a wind up troll pretending to be a creationist.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:52 pm

bloody miracle worker TOSH. Knew someone like him on the other forum. loony bin job.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyflake Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Hello polyglide Smile

All belief which is unfounded is disputable. Your belief in God is just that...a belief. It is not founded on anything real or true or solid. But you believe in it for whatever reason but you should not kid yourself or others that what you believe is in any way remotely connected to reality.

I would be much happier with believers if they just said that they believe because it is a) comforting b) helps them cope with life c) gives them hope d)makes them feel safe e) makes them less frightened of dying f) holds out the carrot of eternal life in heaven etc. That, at least, is the truth. But it irritates the bloody bejesus out of me when they have the audacity to claim that it is TRUE and REAL and they have PROOF! It isn't! It doesn't remotely resemble reality.

So, please, believers come and discuss your belief all you like. But you're a big fat liar liar pants on fire if you try to tell me you're speaking truth.
snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Heretic Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Tosh wrote:stu,

It is almost impossible not to ridicule polyglide, most of his statements sound like juvenile jibes, it took me months to accept he wasn't a wind up troll pretending to be a creationist.

That's how I thought of Mr JP Cusick but it appears he is the real deal.

Heretic
Heretic
Heretic
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:17 pm

polyglide wrote:I am afraid all Dr Sheldon does is come up with basic childish replies.

Just because there may be an example of something not being what it says, does not mean that everything is disputable.

If you say evil is only a human concept. then you have to accept that everything is a human concept.

If you saw your house on fire, would you need confirmation from another source before doing anything about it?.

You assume too much based on an illogical concept.
It's quite funny you try imply my post was childish when it's clear you're unable to understand it's meaning. You made a claim about something supernatural, no evidence of course, just pointed to something and said that's supernatural, you called it evil. The fact you can't see that nothing supernatural needs to exist for humans to perceive aspects of the world around us as evil is your failing, not mine.

Your fire analogy is nonsensical and irrelevant.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:20 pm

stu wrote:polyglide if you have really looked at all religions, the emphasis being on REALLY and ALL and RELIGIONS . You are a better person than most people in the world not just the uk.
Most religions will have been long forgotten before he was even born stu. His claim is absurdly silly, and it's sad he can't see that.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:21 pm

stu wrote:bloody miracle worker TOSH. Knew someone like him on the other forum. loony bin job.
There are quite a few on there now stu, it's gone downhill a bit.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:39 pm

Haven't seen him Heretic? where is do you know have you seen him?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi Sheldon how are you keeping lately? popped on to post to peter and jack had left me a post to say I was missed on there. NO ONE SPEAKING TO JACK EITHER NOW?what's happened to him and spin then?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:57 pm

stu wrote:Hi Sheldon how are you keeping lately? popped on to post to peter and jack had left me a post to say I was missed on there. NO ONE SPEAKING TO JACK EITHER NOW?what's  happened to him and spin then?
Hi buddy, I'm ok. That site is going a bit trolltastic at the moment they'll get bored eventually and leave I suppose. Spin is the same as ever. Posters are speaking to Jack, but he trolls endlessly, and he's a bully. I'm afraid I don't trust Jack, I have not responded to him for months so as not to justify his continued vendetta against me, his response has been to insult and lie about me almost every-time I posted. I really think he's not the full shilling mate, as it quite clearly drove him to distraction that I was ignoring him. Just take care, and don't forget he was one of the posters who made some fairly nasty remarks when a few of us tried to offer sympathy to Peter after he broke his terrible news.

I read your posts about your daughters visit buddy, I'm really glad things are improving there.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:09 pm

brill time mate all planned for this sunday also. that is unless the old mum thinks up summat.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:10 pm

stu wrote:brill time mate all planned for this sunday also. that is unless the old mum thinks up summat.
That's excellent mate, I'm really glad to hear it. Hope it continues to improve.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Heretic Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:14 pm

stu wrote:Haven't seen him Heretic? where is do you know have you seen him?
The best I can think of is that he was unable to cope with the new influx of atheists in the forum. My guess is he is licking his wounds. I think he will be back but regenerated, a bit like Doctor Who.

Heretic
Heretic
Heretic
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen or heard a ghost? - Page 8 Empty ghosts

Post by stuart torr Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:19 pm

what more sci-fi and nazi's they are coming to get us get under the table ahah. Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:51 am

stu wrote:Hi Sheldon how are you keeping lately? popped on to post to peter and jack had left me a post to say I was missed on there. NO ONE SPEAKING TO JACK EITHER NOW?what's  happened to him and spin then?
Jack and Spin desperately trying to get attention in the thread in which Peter posts was a new low on there for me.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Very true Dan, lowest of low is it not.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:18 pm

You have obviously not heard the expresion.a figure of speach.

I have considered all the religions that are aplicable to today and as usual you do not understand plain English, nor have you the ability to consider fact from fiction.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:46 pm

I'm going to be honest here, PG. I find that claim to be somewhat dubious. Laughing
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:48 pm

you did not say that in the first place though did you you polyglide, you are only changing your mind now because there is an unsurmountable amount of evidence against your stupid claim. YOU can no longer wriggle out of the corner you have backed yourself in to,tough.thumbsdown 
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:50 pm

polyglide in your case the figure of speach do you mean talking out of your arse.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:56 pm

That comment just explains the truth in what I said.

There is more truth and sense coming from my posterior than your self opinionated rubbish.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next