Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies?

+22
LWS
Dan Fante
ghost whistler
Penderyn
Deadly Nightshade
Mel
methought
Shirina
tlttf
blueturando
boatlady
Tosh
Red Cat Woman
bobby
KnarkyBadger
astradt1
Adele Carlyon
sickchip
skwalker1964
oftenwrong
Phil Hornby
Ivan
26 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 15 Empty Cameron is obnoxious and loathsome

Post by Ivan Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

We were warned two years ago that Cameron is an obnoxious and loathsome individual, but not enough people were listening:-
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/02/04/david-cameron-what-the-experts-say-115875-22017276/
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 15 Empty Re: Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies?

Post by Mel Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:43 am

I don't think they had the chance Stu, as the media gave much time to Tories and little to Labour, as usual.

Mel

Back to top Go down

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 15 Empty Re: Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies?

Post by Mel Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:47 am

I notice the media/press have made nothing of the road con. What a surprise!!!!!!
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:25 pm

I am not surprised Mel it has been that way since May 2010, the only newspaper that gives the Labour party to have a say is the Daily Mirror and that is the only paper I buy and read.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:50 pm

And this is supposed to be a democracy and media/press are supposed to be impartial. PHA!!!!!!!
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:53 pm

Daily mirror printed it was a german road on it's politics page, although not as large as you would expect Mel.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:22 pm

For what it may be worth, the first ten minutes of BBC1 News at 6 0'clock was devoted to the current situation in A&E departments. I imagine Jeremy *unt watching that and throwing sick-bowls at the telly.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:57 pm

I take it he didn't get the solution to solve it by 4pm like his boss told him to then OW. Laughing Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:22 am

This "crisis" in the NHS needs Ed to address the situation by confirming that no matter how it is done or how much it will cost to put it right he will fix it. What a vote winner?

I recon the Tories are running the NHS down as an excuse to privatise it, saying "it is the only way forward"

Last edited by Mel on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell error)
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:17 am

(Tip - there's no need to fill in that pesky 'reason for editing' box if you are making amendments to what is still the most recent post on a thread.)
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:42 pm

Do not worry Mel I use to do it aswell. Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:45 pm

Mel I agree with what you have said but Ed and the Labour party know the Tories will jump on them for spending money they have not said how they would pay for it, sorry to say some people will believe what the LYING VILE Tories are saying look what happened in 2010 plus they have broke every promise they made to the Uk voting public.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Especially with UKIP backing them up Redflag, to try and get more votes and get their feet under the tory table.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:09 pm

Thank's Ivan. You know I'm a stickeler for the rules. Very Happy
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:13 pm

Hello Red, tax the top rate, use the Mansion tax and do what the Tories were supposed to be doing--- hit those who do not pay tax with off shore accounts. That should cover it Red.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:20 pm

Will my one bedroomed flat escape the mansion tax Mel. Laughing Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Yes if you marry a Tory toff Stu, you will have to pay, as I can't see one of those in a 1 bedroom flat, unless it's in Knightsbridge. Very Happy Very Happy
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:56 pm

Not for me thanks Mel. Laughing Laughing Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:52 pm

Mel wrote:Hello Red, tax the top rate, use the Mansion tax and do what the Tories were supposed to be doing--- hit those who do not pay tax with off shore accounts. That should cover it Red.

Hi Mel they have already said the Mansion Tax money will go into our NHS (which needs it) and it take time to get those that are avoiding or evading there correct amount of tax,and you and I both know that Osborne does not have anything in place to allow a gov't to go in and do what they will have to do to get at there money that is squirreled away.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:41 pm

Well where does a squirrel normally hide it's nuts Redflag? Labour will get something in place in their first oh I cannot think of the word as i've had no sleep again,what the taxman does chancellor of the exchequer. you will know what I am on about I hope.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:00 pm

In their first budget was the word I was looking for, let us hope that it is in time.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:40 pm

Now Cameron has refused to take part in the political debates on TV unless the greens are included, anyone got any ideas why the greens the SNP will complain and so will the SNP.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:30 pm

Got your sentence slightly mixed up Redflag love, but from what I can make of it, why he wants the greens included is so he can walk all over them as the main discussion is about the EU, AND LABOURS POLICIES, the greens won't be able to fight back backing the labour party IMHO, also including the SNP or not including the SNP is he does not want to be given a good fight by their mps.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:31 pm

There may be a clue in Cameron's obvious unease at PMQs. He'd rather be doing something else. Anything else rather than debating with people who don't let him win.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:38 pm

Exactly OW.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:49 pm

I see three possible motives for Cameron saying that he won’t take part in any debates unless the Green Party is allowed to do so:-

1. He is trying to appear fair and statesmanlike. I discard that possibility; why would he change the habit of a lifetime?

2. He wants the Green Party to gain enough credibility to take some left-wing support from Labour, to balance out his own problems with UKIP. That’s possible.

3. As Ofcom has ruled that the Green Party is not a major party (despite it having more MEPs and often higher poll ratings than the Lib Dems), Cameron could be hoping for a way of getting out of the debates altogether. That seems most likely.

The debates raise all sorts of issues, which we started to discuss some time ago on this thread:-

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk/t881-who-should-be-included-in-the-leaders-debates-for-the-2015-general-election

Should the leaders of the Green Party and UKIP, neither of whom is even an MP, be included in debates which are essentially about choosing the next prime minister?

As Redflag suggests, the SNP could well complain about being excluded – in all probability it will win more seats than the Lib Dems, UKIP and the Green Party combined – but it could be argued that it can’t be in a position to form the next UK government because it only contests the 59 seats in Scotland. But of course it could be the partner in a coalition.

The Lib Dems are hardly a national party any more. I heard today that they still don’t have candidates for the general election for nearly 400 of the 631 available constituencies (the main parties don’t stand in the 18 seats in Northern Ireland and they don’t challenge the Speaker).

The latest monthly survey by Electoral Calculus has Labour on 321 seats, just five short of a majority. It predicts that UKIP and the Green Party will each win 0 seats. (Personally, I think Carswell will get re-elected in Clacton.)

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/gainloss.html
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:53 pm

In the US, a President nearing the end of his final term in office is customarily labelled a lame duck.

Cameron seems to be inviting that label for himself.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:01 pm

I think that Camerons label will be "CHICKEN" and I can bet at one point next week in the HOC one of the MPs will be clucking like a chicken whenever Cameron is around, I have an idea one of the guilty ones will be Gavin Shuka I met him in Eastleigh last year and he is full of fun and game for a laugh.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:53 am

Who do you believe?  scratch

The Tories?  No

Yet more evidence of how they hate most of us:-

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 15 B7EBw69IYAA0Vip
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7EBw69IYAA0Vip.jpg

Or the TUC?

British employees work the longest hours in Europe:-

http://www.irs-recruitment.com/latest-news/British-Employees-Work-the-Longest-Hours-in-Europe-28
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:17 pm

Plus Ivan their wages are among the worst, your picture just proves the TRUTH about the Tories Ivan blaming the people of the UK when reality its the Tories that are the LAZY BACKSTUDS and the biggest SCROUNGERS.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:03 pm

Well paid scroungers Redflag. Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:11 pm

stuart torr wrote:Well paid scroungers Redflag. Laughing

Let us hope they will be paid £142 per fortnight JSA after the 7th May stuart lol! lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:09 pm

Now that would be worth celebrating Redflag. lol! lol! lol!
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:56 pm

stuart torr wrote:Now that would be worth celebrating Redflag. lol! lol! lol!

On the 7th May I will be sitting up watching the general election results with a couple bottles of wine hoping I can get legless as the results start coming through stuart.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:00 pm

3 litre box for me Redflag, and a couple of friends.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:40 pm

I will be on the phone to a good friend who lives in Birmingham, so I will be able to tell them the results in Scotland and I will get the results from England not all English results will be put on our TVs.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by patakace Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:56 pm

Will Labour be able to raise believable criticism of the economy with inflation down to 0.5 % and oil heading toward $40.00 ?
The "feel very much better" factor will now kick in even faster and in a couple of months we could be talking about a Blue Majority , rather than two or three way govt . splits .
Myths and Lies?
Nonsense like that will not bother Cameron in his next five year term of office .
patakace
patakace
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:56 pm

I wonder is the fall in oil price due to lack of demand due to falling living standards for the normal working person or down to really good management of the world economy by this tory government..........
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:58 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Say that on May the 8th patacake.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Well said Astradt.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by patakace Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:09 pm

It is generally understood that  the present situation has arisen because world demand has fallen  plus  OPEC's decision not to cut production .
That does not invalidate the fact that people are  becoming better off and  that  this will continue further .
In tandem , wages have started to show first signs of real increases .
Of course this scenario has not been brought about by UK party politics or UK Govt. policy .
But the population at large do not know this .Nor will they understand it .They tend to judge matters by how they " feel "
patakace
patakace
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by patakace Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:12 pm

stuart torr wrote:Laughing Laughing Laughing Say that on May the 8th patacake.

Why say then what I can sensibly forecast today ?
Why would I want to write what would be a forecast AFTER the event ?
patakace
patakace
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next