Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

+26
LWS
KnarkyBadger
polyglide
Shirina
Ivanhoe
betty.noire
blueturando
Stox 16
trevorw2539
witchfinder
Red Cat Woman
jackthelad
Redflag
bobby
Phil Hornby
AwfulTruth
Mel
Scarecrow
astra
tlttf
Blamhappy
oftenwrong
Adele Carlyon
Ivan
sickchip
astradt1
30 posters

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 10 Empty Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

Post by astradt1 Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

We seem to have had a thread about Milliband and time running out for his leadership but now there seem to be more and more knives coming out for Vatman and Dobbing, I'll let you decide who is who?

It now seems more and more of their own side (Tory MP's) are openly speaking out against them........

Latest...

Nadine Dorries: David Cameron And George Osborne Are 'Arrogant Posh Boys'

David Cameron and George Osborne are "arrogant posh boys" who do not understand the lives of ordinary people, according to Tory MP Nadine Dorries.

Speaking on the BBC's Daily Politics programme on Monday, the MP for Mid-Bedfordshire was asked if she thought the prime minister and chancellor were out of touch with voters.

"Unfortunately I think that not are only Cameron and Osborne two posh boys who don't understand the price of milk," she said. "They are too arrogant posh boys who show no remorse, no contrition and no passion to want to understand the lives of others - and that is their real crime."
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04/23/nadine-dorries-david-cameron-posh-boys_n_1445068.html?ref=uk-politics&ref=uk
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 10 Empty Re: Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

Post by blueturando Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:02 pm

The British Treasury benefits handsomely from the choice of some Companies to declare a Tax Liability here, rather than in some other Nation's jurisdiction

Sounds Like London is turning into an offshore tax haven.....for the lucky few

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 10 Empty Re: Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

Post by Ivanhoe Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:26 pm

blueturando wrote:
The British Treasury benefits handsomely from the choice of some Companies to declare a Tax Liability here, rather than in some other Nation's jurisdiction

Sounds Like London is turning into an offshore tax haven.....for the lucky few

Yes, while the poor conmtinue to be subject to means tested state handouts.

Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Sounds Like London is turning into an offshore tax haven

And that wish is coveted by many Tory MP's
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:04 pm

When people behaved badly on the old MSN boards, it was at the discretion of the site owners as to whether they allowed profanity or deleted it. They tended to be very inconsistent.

When we are allowed to use a site such as this one and are responsible for moderating it ourselves, we must not allow the forum to bring disrepute on the company, Forumotion, or they are likely to shut us down without much or any warning.

If you think that we're going to put all this hard work at risk just because a couple of forum members want to go off topic and play silly games, think again. And anyone who doesn't like having their childish profanity edited knows exactly what they can do. Ivan.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:34 am

Ivan wrote:When people behaved badly on the old MSN boards, it was at the discretion of the site owners as to whether they allowed profanity or deleted it. They tended to be very inconsistent.

When we are allowed to use a site such as this one and are responsible for moderating it ourselves, we must not allow the forum to bring disrepute on the company, Forumotion, or they are likely to shut us down without much or any warning.

If you think that we're going to put all this hard work at risk just because a couple of forum members want to go off topic and play silly games, think again. And anyone who doesn't like having their childish profanity edited knows exactly what they can do. Ivan.

I am finding this hard to follow? as who has said what?
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:03 am

1. Least said, soonest mended.

2. A still tongue makes a wise head.

3. Judge not, lest ye be judged.

4. Do as you would be done by.

5. Insert your favourite aphorism here ....

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Hello Stox, "I am finding this hard to follow? as who has said what? "

All the nonsense has been deleted, so don't worry yourself about one member who has been behaving badly towards another who has retaliated.

Keep up the excellent and informative postings my friend.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:18 pm

6. Shyte or bust
7. Suck it an' see
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 10 578927_362860523783482_1837234533_n
(Reproduced with the permission of Robert Livingstone)
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:08 pm

SO!

Wot the 'ell are we paying taxes for?
So HE can put it all in his pockets and run?

WE ARE paying for services! HE is not providing them

Q! If Westminster were a shop, would YOU buy a product or service from it? They'll grab yer munny, but you will NEVER see what you payed for!

If I have to pay for my own way, then he gets no taxes!
Local council will get payed for water, roads in the county, and libraries. I do not see why Lunding should expect paying for nowt!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Of course their days are numbered, all our days are numbered, the problem being we do not know the number involved.

If there was a possible way of pleasing everyone surely we would have found it by now.

So we can assumme there is not one.

In which case the only thing we can hope for is second best, which involves pleasing the majority

That leaves the minority dissatisfied.

The minority who are not so pleased usually have the loudest voice in protest, because the majority have nothing to shout about.

This goes on until the minority become the majority and the reverse is the order of the day.

Good fun but counter productive.

Comman sense would dictate that if serious people, without any personal gain being involved or pedudice, sat down together and discussed all the aspects involved then there would only be one conclusion that could be reached that was in the best interests of all concerned on any matter.

It is not the best interests of anyone other than themselves that create the present type of cheating and lying politicians and all parties have their fair share and it matters not how long the present ones stay in office because nothing of any consequence will change.

polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:39 pm

"it matters not how long the present ones stay in office because nothing of any consequence will change."

Phew!!! what a sweeping statement. If only that were true poly, because this existing Tory dominated so called Coalition have, is and will continue to make changes of concequence. Concequences for starters that thousands have become unemployed through cuts, especially those in the public sector. Changes that affect millions of working people making their jobs less safe, with less protection for them in the workplace, their jobs threatened by those who in desperation to find a job will replace them.

All this and much much more from the NHS to benefit changes, moving wealth from the bottom to the top with utter impunity.
"nothing of any consequence will change." It already has poly.
Much of what you have said has a ring of truth about it except for last line of the last paragraph. You surely can't be serious?

Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:21 pm

When, (As TODAY) the Coalition has to be seen to be "relaunched", much has been left unsaid IMO
Tories have always held on to the addage, "Improve things worse" and to use my Grandad's addage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

So, was there nuffin' wrong in the Gubmint's eyes, or is this another cynical - (showing contempt for accepted standards of honesty or morality) smoke screen?
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:36 pm

One way to answer that question might be to list the achievements of the Tory-led Coalition government.

Use both sides of a cigarette-paper if you have large handwriting.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:25 pm

oftenwrong wrote:1. Least said, soonest mended.

2. A still tongue makes a wise head.

3. Judge not, lest ye be judged.

4. Do as you would be done by.

5. Insert your favourite aphorism here ....

Here is mine OW. The Devil looks after his own.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:59 am

Mel wrote:Hello Stox, "I am finding this hard to follow? as who has said what? "

All the nonsense has been deleted, so don't worry yourself about one member who has been behaving badly towards another who has retaliated.

Keep up the excellent and informative postings my friend.

Hello Mel
thanks for telling me that. pleased the mods was on top of it

Hats off
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:01 am

Ivan wrote:Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 10 578927_362860523783482_1837234533_n
(Reproduced with the permission of Robert Livingstone)

Nice Pix that Ivan, and very true as well.
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:32 am

astra wrote:When, (As TODAY) the Coalition has to be seen to be "relaunched", much has been left unsaid IMO
Tories have always held on to the addage, "Improve things worse" and to use my Grandad's addage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

So, was there nuffin' wrong in the Gubmint's eyes, or is this another cynical - (showing contempt for accepted standards of honesty or morality) smoke screen?

They will be using the good results of the Olympics (if we get good results) to cover up what ever they have in the pipeline, Im sorry I hope they are a flop in every way possible and I do not mean any harm to team GB, I think it would be another nail in the Tory coffin, and from what has happened so far about the ticketing and seats been left empty this could be the beginning of the end for Hunt.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Red I don't think there is any danger of Dave being able to claim any Kudos with stories like these:-

London 2012 Olympics: did Tom Daley fall victim to the 'curse of Cameron?'
Diving fans were left asking if Britons Tom Daley and Peter Waterfield had fallen victim to the ‘curse of Cameron’ after the duo failed to win a medal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/9438992/London-2012-Olympics-did-Tom-Daley-fall-victim-to-the-curse-of-Cameron.html

The curse of Cameron: Warburtons plunging share price. The axing of TV's Spooks. And a litany of sporting catastrophes. How the Prime Minister's good luck wishes have become the kiss of death

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165798/Curse-Cameron-Warburtons-plunging-share-price-BBC-Spooks-axed-litany-sporting-catastrophes.html#ixzz22CRi14JT
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:49 pm

astradt1 wrote:Red I don't think there is any danger of Dave being able to claim any Kudos with stories like these:-

London 2012 Olympics: did Tom Daley fall victim to the 'curse of Cameron?'
Diving fans were left asking if Britons Tom Daley and Peter Waterfield had fallen victim to the ‘curse of Cameron’ after the duo failed to win a medal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/9438992/London-2012-Olympics-did-Tom-Daley-fall-victim-to-the-curse-of-Cameron.html

The curse of Cameron: Warburtons plunging share price. The axing of TV's Spooks. And a litany of sporting catastrophes. How the Prime Minister's good luck wishes have become the kiss of death

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165798/Curse-Cameron-Warburtons-plunging-share-price-BBC-Spooks-axed-litany-sporting-catastrophes.html#ixzz22CRi14JT

i Agree astradt1 and Red. There will be no great Kudos for Cameron and Co. The only thing I do hope for is that all the young Olympic Kids who take part in the games enjoy it. as it does made a nice change to hear some good youth stories for once rather than the nasty right wing stories about UK kids. as lets face it most are just children at the games.
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:50 am

Just 16% of electorate expect coalition between Tories and Lib Dems to last another three years, according to ICM poll
Only one voter in six believes the coalition will survive until the 2015 election, according to a Guardian/ICM poll that shows the proportion expecting a collapse within two years has nearly doubled in two weeks.

Could the 16% be correct, or just hopeful???

Source-- Guardian on Facebook.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:37 pm

The more I think about it, the less I can see this Coalition lasting its full term. My reason being is that the Lib-Dems will need to rid themselves of the yoke they have now saddled themselves with, that yoke being the most hated right wing government modern Britain has ever had The Conservative Party.

For the Lib-Dems to survive, they need to regain their credibility and rid themselves of the Tory yes men/woman that has bought this country to the sorry state we are now in which will get even worse the longer the two Coalition partners stick together.

The difficulty the Lib-Dems have is, If they pull the plug earlier they fear they will probably find themselves in the political wilderness (where the bastards belong). Yet if they leave it too late, it will be seen as the rats deserting the sinking ship and what’s left of their support will run for the hills. It all depends on how much of their already reduced integrity they have retained, I guess we will have to wait and see.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:04 am

bobby wrote:The more I think about it, the less I can see this Coalition lasting its full term. My reason being is that the Lib-Dems will need to rid themselves of the yoke they have now saddled themselves with, that yoke being the most hated right wing government modern Britain has ever had The Conservative Party.

For the Lib-Dems to survive, they need to regain their credibility and rid themselves of the Tory yes men/woman that has bought this country to the sorry state we are now in which will get even worse the longer the two Coalition partners stick together.

The difficulty the Lib-Dems have is, If they pull the plug earlier they fear they will probably find themselves in the political wilderness (where the bastards belong). Yet if they leave it too late, it will be seen as the rats deserting the sinking ship and what’s left of their support will run for the hills. It all depends on how much of their already reduced integrity they have retained, I guess we will have to wait and see.

I agree bobby but do the L/Ds have the backbone or the guts to quit the coalition, they must have a good idea of what the voting public and there own voters think of them, at least if they pull out soon they may just have a chance of building some credence with the voting public. I also see that they where expecting Labour to vote with them for the Lords reform bill and when Labour decided to vote with the Tories (this is a dirty trick that most opposition parties play and rightly so) on this they where very upset to say the least, it was not the story when Labour asked to L/Ds not to vote with the Tories when they where bringing in the Bills with all the cuts that have put this country on its knees we are now called the Sick Man of Europe, all this proves is the L/Ds do not like a taste of their own medicine.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:07 am

Red said: I agree bobby but do the L/Ds have the backbone or the guts to quit the coalition,

Hello Red,

I really don’t think courage comes into it, They have two simple choices, 1/ to drop the Tories early and try to regain some of the trust they once had, 2/ To wait until the next GE for the sake of keeping power for as long as possible knowing it will be the end of the Lib-Dems as we know them. Unfortunately we only ever see and hear from the party leaders, but it’s the rank and file that really matter, so something may happen at the next or subsequent Lib-Dem conference. We mustn’t forget the party leaders are only in position whilst the rest of their members chose and vote for them, and that could very easily change.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:42 pm

bobby wrote:Red said: I agree bobby but do the L/Ds have the backbone or the guts to quit the coalition,

Hello Red,

I really don’t think courage comes into it, They have two simple choices, 1/ to drop the Tories early and try to regain some of the trust they once had, 2/ To wait until the next GE for the sake of keeping power for as long as possible knowing it will be the end of the Lib-Dems as we know them. Unfortunately we only ever see and hear from the party leaders, but it’s the rank and file that really matter, so something may happen at the next or subsequent Lib-Dem conference. We mustn’t forget the party leaders are only in position whilst the rest of their members chose and vote for them, and that could very easily change.

For some inexplicable reason, I feel a tad sorry for Nick Clegg, because in 2010 he did what he thought was best for his party. Now there is no doubt he faces a leadership challenge about 18 months before the next G/E.

The real culprit here is the BBC TV media, who pushed this deficit cutting agenda from whomever won the 2010 general election, therefore Cameron had it handed to him on a plate.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:03 pm

bobby wrote:Red said: I agree bobby but do the L/Ds have the backbone or the guts to quit the coalition,

Hello Red,

Hello Bobby you may be proved correct, it has just been announced that the activist will be allowed to debate the Lords reform bill at there Autumn conference of the L/Ds that I will not miss it will be televised,, so his fight for leader of his party could be coming sooner than what he was expecting. Poor didums hell slap it into him he deserves everything he gets including the complete loss of the L/D party.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:17 am

Ivanhoe Quote "For some inexplicable reason, I feel a tad sorry for Nick Clegg, because in 2010 he did what he thought was best for his party."

Yes I can see how many like yourself were sucked in by Cleggy boy Ivanhoe. None of you realised that he is a personal glory hunter who gets on well with his mirror image, partner in crime Cameron.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:56 am

Mel wrote:Ivanhoe Quote "For some inexplicable reason, I feel a tad sorry for Nick Clegg, because in 2010 he did what he thought was best for his party."

Yes I can see how many like yourself were sucked in by Cleggy boy Ivanhoe. None of you realised that he is a personal glory hunter who gets on well with his mirror image, partner in crime Cameron.

Mel, how exactly have I been "sucked" in ?. Who is this "None of you" you refere to ?.

We can all make judgements until the cows come home, but we are and were, not in his shoes as Lib-Dem leader.

I loathed Clegg signing up with Cameron, and as you know im a supporter and activist of traditional Labour so im definatly not Tory, but again, I feel sorry for Clegg, because in my view he did at the time what he thought best.

It was the country's largely thicko elecrtate who voted the way they did, after the Thatcher years I didnt think Cameron's Tory's would get any votes, i was genuinely surprised that they did get votes, and so the leader of the Lb-Dems had to make a protocal decision based on her Majesties need for stable Government, and the rest is history.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:37 am

"...leader of the Lb-Dems had to make a protocal decision based on her Majesties need for stable Government..."

When the opportunity to be Deputy PM came, we can all be certain that there was nothing else in Clegg's mind but serving the national interest.

And his own... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:"...leader of the Lb-Dems had to make a protocal decision based on her Majesties need for stable Government..."

When the opportunity to be Deputy PM came, we can all be certain that there was nothing else in Clegg's mind but serving the national interest.

And his own... Shocked

You can believe what you believe, and I will believe what I believe. Beiieve me, it's the only way to be.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Ivanhoe wrote: and as you know im a supporter and activist of traditional Labour.

As a matter of interest, just who are this traditional Labour you are a supporter of, and what activities to you get involved in for Traditional Labour, and who is the Party Leader for Traditional Labour?

Ivanhoe wrote: so the leader of the Lb-Dems had to make a protocal decision based on her Majesties need for stable Government, and the rest is history.

If you honestly believe that Ivanhoe, Thank God you are a supporter of Traditional Labour who ever they are, and will leave the Labour party that matters alone.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:13 pm

"Mel, how exactly have I been "sucked" in ?. Who is this "None of you" you refere to ?"

Very touchy old fellow. In view of your -"feeling sorry" bit for Clegg, you seem to imply that you favoured him in the beginning and still do, even though it is plain to see as many have, that he is a Tory in sheeps clothing a "saffron blue" in fact. "none of you" refers to those who felt the same way about him as you did and went further than you and voted for the con man.
In my view, he would stangle his grandmother to get where he wants.

Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:55 pm

bobby wrote:Ivanhoe wrote: and as you know im a supporter and activist of traditional Labour.

As a matter of interest, just who are this traditional Labour you are a supporter of, and what activities to you get involved in for Traditional Labour, and who is the Party Leader for Traditional Labour?

Ivanhoe wrote: so the leader of the Lb-Dems had to make a protocal decision based on her Majesties need for stable Government, and the rest is history.

If you honestly believe that Ivanhoe, Thank God you are a supporter of Traditional Labour who ever they are, and will leave the Labour party that matters alone.

bobby, how old are you ?, I ask for a really good reason.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:39 pm

In Italy where things are good including the weather bobby is 21. Here in the miserable UK he is about 95 I expect. Very Happy
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:08 pm

Mel wrote:In Italy where things are good including the weather bobby is 21. Here in the miserable UK he is about 95 I expect. Very Happy

I hope he tells me, I am asking for a good reason.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:45 pm

The fact of the matter is that if Clegg had done a deal with Labour and formed a coalition, you would all be singing his praises even if....as he has done now, ditched some of the policies the Lib Dems claim to be their core values

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:30 am

blueturando wrote: The fact of the matter is that if Clegg had done a deal with Labour and formed a coalition, you would all be singing his praises even if....as he has done now, ditched some of the policies the Lib Dems claim to be their core values

Hello Bluey. Yes of course we would be singing his praises, he wouldn't have welched on his College Fee pledge, he wouldn't have assisted Labour in a top down reorganisation of the NHS, he wouldnt have supporter your Tories in their ridiculouse austerity plans wot aint workin, etc, etc, why would we berate him if he was as much of a benefit to Labour as he is to the Tories.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:51 am

bobby, I think the Tory supporters are running out of ammo and it shows. Very Happy
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:55 am

Ivanhoe, I am 64, and was the result of a randy soldier coming home from War, i.e. the 1947/48 population boom, or as the Yanks call us "baby boomers"

I think I know why you are asking such a personal question,

Pre Thatcher we where a manufacturing Nation, mostly if not wholly reliant on manual labour. For her own ideological reasons and her fear of safety in the numbers of those many millions of workers, she set about removing our manufacturing base, to be replaced by invisible earnings, this caused mass unemployment and split up the workers communities, and sold to those who where lucky enough to be in reasonable employment, the council house they lived in and that where subsidised by the owners and tenants of the private housing sector.

I do know where you are coming from and I agreed to most of old Labours principles. The thing is Ivanhoe, thing have changed and we don’t have the manufacturing base we once had, so now have to work in this Global Economy and if we adopted the policies of old Labour now we would never of had the growth we enjoyed under Tony Blair’s New Labour to come crashing down from, as we now have.

My point is, old or as you prefer to call them Traditional Labour where great in their day, but everything else moved on, and thanks mainly to Tony Blair, so did Labour.

By the way Ivanhoe, I have answered your question as fully as I can, I an still waiting for your answer to my previous question,

As a matter of interest, just who are this traditional Labour you are a supporter of, and what activities to you get involved in for Traditional Labour, and who is the Party Leader for Traditional Labour“?
[size=16]
Ivanhoe, I think you would make a good Tory the way you answer a question with another question. There is a name for it but I cant recall it at this moment, perhaps OW will assist.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:30 am

I have seen it described as "counter-question" but not in a Grammar book. That's such an intuitive description it may well have been coined by the writer to avoid showing ignorance. I've met many people who just hate to be stumped for an answer. Wink

(Keen students of obscure grammatical description can look up bathos, hyperbole or litotes for further excitement)
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:18 am

Isn't it known as a by pass. Very Happy
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next