Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

+26
LWS
KnarkyBadger
polyglide
Shirina
Ivanhoe
betty.noire
blueturando
Stox 16
trevorw2539
witchfinder
Red Cat Woman
jackthelad
Redflag
bobby
Phil Hornby
AwfulTruth
Mel
Scarecrow
astra
tlttf
Blamhappy
oftenwrong
Adele Carlyon
Ivan
sickchip
astradt1
30 posters

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 19 Empty Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

Post by astradt1 Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

We seem to have had a thread about Milliband and time running out for his leadership but now there seem to be more and more knives coming out for Vatman and Dobbing, I'll let you decide who is who?

It now seems more and more of their own side (Tory MP's) are openly speaking out against them........

Latest...

Nadine Dorries: David Cameron And George Osborne Are 'Arrogant Posh Boys'

David Cameron and George Osborne are "arrogant posh boys" who do not understand the lives of ordinary people, according to Tory MP Nadine Dorries.

Speaking on the BBC's Daily Politics programme on Monday, the MP for Mid-Bedfordshire was asked if she thought the prime minister and chancellor were out of touch with voters.

"Unfortunately I think that not are only Cameron and Osborne two posh boys who don't understand the price of milk," she said. "They are too arrogant posh boys who show no remorse, no contrition and no passion to want to understand the lives of others - and that is their real crime."
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04/23/nadine-dorries-david-cameron-posh-boys_n_1445068.html?ref=uk-politics&ref=uk
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 19 Empty Re: Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

Post by witchfinder Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:38 am

Same old Tory Party - same old tired tactics

All the opinion polls over the last six months put the Tories 10 points behind, and the most recent reputable poll puts them 14 points adrift, though this could be due to a temporary bounce from the Labour conference.

[George Osborne] What do we do now Dave, the economy is not getting any better and our poll ratings are a disaster

[DC] Well Georgie Porgie, we do what all good Tories do in times like there

[George] And whats that Davey ?

[DC] We attack those on benefits "The Scroungers" and foreigners, especialy immigrants and slimey Europeans, that will always get us some big cheers at the conference, and make us look good.

[George] But will that improve the economy ?

[DC] Err......no but it will distract em for a few days and it might add a point or two onto our terrible poll ratings...... even if its just for a few weeks.

witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 19 Empty Re: Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

Post by Redflag Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:39 am

witchfinder wrote:Same old Tory Party - same old tired tactics

All the opinion polls over the last six months put the Tories 10 points behind, and the most recent reputable poll puts them 14 points adrift, though this could be due to a temporary bounce from the Labour conference.

[George Osborne] What do we do now Dave, the economy is not getting any better and our poll ratings are a disaster

[DC] Well Georgie Porgie, we do what all good Tories do in times like there

[George] And whats that Davey ?

[DC] We attack those on benefits "The Scroungers" and foreigners, especialy immigrants and slimey Europeans, that will always get us some big cheers at the conference, and make us look good.

[George] But will that improve the economy ?

[DC] Err......no but it will distract em for a few days and it might add a point or two onto our terrible poll ratings...... even if its just for a few weeks.

Does he really think WF that people will vote for him after telling us he will take another £16 Billion out of welfare budget in 2015 ? that could include the NHS care for the elderly I really want to know where OH where are there bloody brains definitely not where there supposed to be, the only people that will vote for them is the top 10% that has benefitted from his policies and got richer and fatter off our backs.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Red...I would just like to ask....

Do you think there is any part of the welfare system that needs to be reformed?

Do you think the country should be looking to make reductions on the welfare budget?

Or do you think the UK should spend more on the welfare budget?

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:54 pm

blue,

There should be no welfare cuts.

Welfare needs to be reformed.......but only in order to ensure people are given a reasonable quality of life.

Welfare should not be seen as a burden on the state - it is an essential part of life, and a neccesary expense, in a modern civilised nation.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:56 pm

The despicable Tory party seem intent on using this conference to further their propaganda campaign against the poorest, weakest, and most vulnerable members of society.

A hate campaign against the poor as malicious, and manipulative of public opinion, as the Nazi campaign against the jewish.

The tories are velvet glove fascists.

sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:42 pm

I agree SC, the poorest, weakest and most vulnerable members of society should have a safety blanket.....but there are significant number of people who see the welfare system as a lifestyle choice and many people including me would like to see an end of the something for nothing culture....and I am shocked, surprised and disappointed if people with any morals think otherwise.

Before anyone comes at me with the tax dodgers line, I agree they should be hit too

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Blue,

there are significant number of people who see the welfare system as a lifestyle choice

Really!? Who's been telling you that? The Tory party via the Daily Mail?

Don't believe the propaganda campaign, blue.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:28 pm

Come on SC......You're an intelligent man. You don't need the DM to tell you this, just open your eyes and ears

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:42 pm

George "Gideon" Osborne has done research showing that his idea of slashing welfare benefits resonates strongly with lots of people who are not necessarily Tory supporters.

Clearly no prudent taxpayer is happy at those newspaper reports showing that immigrant families enjoy a desirable standard of living entirely at our expense, or that some scroungers draw sickness benefit on their way to work in the black economy.

But the system feeds the abuses. Landlords charge the maximum which a local council seems prepared to pay, and who can blame them? It has never made sense to pay people to stay at home, but there are always lazy dole offices where they are content to follow the line of least trouble.

If Georgie-Porgie swings the pendulum too far the other way, however, he may discover just why Maggie was always concerned about avoiding Civil War.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:50 pm

This is why I believe the system needs reforming OW. Its does this country no good to say that no body uses the welfare as a lifestyle choice, because clearly that does happen and clearly people abuse the system.

These are the reforms I would like to see....reforms that stop abuse of the system and take money from hard working tax payers and people that do really need the help

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:14 pm

"....stop abuse of the system ...."

Which to be effective requires means-testing. It isn't popular, and particularly abhorrent to the elderly who naturally resent anyone prying into their affairs, and so will choose to go without a benefit to which they may well be entitled.

Widely used during the 1930s recession, it created a band of jobsworths who delighted in asking where you'd found the money to repair your shoes, and commenting on how well-fed you looked.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:18 pm

But I don't trust the tory definition of "who really needs help" as for me, they're just nasty and spiteful and like to tar everyone who isn't in a good well paid job with the same brush. And the guidelines they've drawn up concerning disability payments, well what do you think of them blue? It's all well and good that ATOS are in the firing line for passing really sick people as fit for work, but this shower of a coalition drew up the list of questions! More than 1,000 people who were passed as fit are now dead! 35 people a week are dying who have been passed fit. What kind of people can introduce policies that cause this kind of thing to happen? I'll tell you what kind, utter friggin monsters! The tories are nasty and arrogant, always have been and always will be!
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Good post, Adele.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:31 am

Mr Cameron said: "The IMF also say we shouldn't abandon our plans of making reductions in Government spending and also, regrettably in some cases, putting up some taxes to get on top of our debt and our deficit. So it's not Plan B that we need. What we are doing is making sure that every part of Plan A is firing on all cylinders."

I think the bastard forgot to fill his tank with petrol.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:34 pm

bobby wrote:Mr Cameron said: "The IMF also say we shouldn't abandon our plans of making reductions in Government spending and also, regrettably in some cases, putting up some taxes to get on top of our debt and our deficit. So it's not Plan B that we need. What we are doing is making sure that every part of Plan A is firing on all cylinders."

I think the bastard forgot to fill his tank with petrol.

Maybe if he got the 2.5 Million back into work they would be paying tax and NI, would that not help to pay down the deficit, maybe bobby the poor buggars can not afford to fill there tank along side of the rest of us poor didums or it could be that they are a shower of dick heads. lol! lol! lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:54 pm

“For these one-term Tories a shrunken state is the prize”

Extracts from an article by Polly Toynbee:-

"No government has increased its share of the vote in modern times, let alone by an impossible 6% – and Cameron doesn't look like the man to do it. Meanwhile, there is a nonchalance about George Osborne, that grim smirk suggesting he doesn't much care about present calamities so long as he drives on with that great state-cutting purpose.

What does the public make of a chancellor in deep crisis proclaiming "the economy is healing"? His economic policy has collapsed, debt is rising and he has missed his deficit targets by miles. Yet with devil-may-care breeziness he announced more of the same: tighten the screw, cut deeper. He was blush-free about his budget's avoidable absurdities and accidents. The Whitehall axe has left the Treasury greatly depleted in numbers and skills and state finances in the perilous hands of inexperienced officials. Expect the great train bid disaster to be replicated often, with too many people lacking the expertise to write complex contracts as slabs of the state are outsourced. But this chancellor and cabinet seem alarmingly unconcerned, so long as the ideology is right.

Fondness for American Tea Party politics has led them to dip a toe into US culture war politics by stirring up the abortion issue. There are calls for bonfires of everything from maternity leave to redundancy pay. Some even echo Romney's notorious 47% gaffe by claiming half of the British population makes no net contribution to the state, once you take into account their benefits and use of education and health services."

For the rest of the article and reader comments:-
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/08/osborne-one-term-tories-shrunken-state?CMP=twt_gu

Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Good post, Ivan.

I read the article earlier, and was going to provide a link to it myself. It's pretty much spot on.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks, sickchip. I think it's usually best to provide a short extract, rather than just a link, in the hope that it will 'whet the appetite' for the the whole article.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:54 pm

sickchip wrote:Good post, Ivan.

I read the article earlier, and was going to provide a link to it myself. It's pretty much spot on.

At the moment the Tory party think that stupid features boris is going to save the party from getting a right going over by the voting public of the UK in May 2015, I hope they have not been to the bookies to bet on that assumption. lol! lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Aw, come on Redflag. Boris makes people laugh! Name another Tory politician that doesn't make you want to puke on his highly-polished laced-up black oxford brogue shoes.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:01 pm

In a perverse way I would like to see Labour win the next GE and then sit back and laugh because Miliband will just carry on with Camerons policies...but I have come to learn from being on this forum that it's not the policies that matter to many of you, but who makes the policies.
In other words you would all go along with the current policies and defend them to the ends of the earth as long as its a Labour government making them....Tribalism at its worst

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:50 am

Always good to see positive input, blue. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, and you think people judge a book by its cover. Sure beats having to make hard choices if you always follow the yellow brick road, or the blue one or the red one.

Rather like the branding of goods in a supermarket, because we know which sort of baked beans we like so there's no temptation to buy something different just because it's half the price.

Political parties are rather like baked beans anyway, don't you think, blue? Have a tendency to flatulence.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:17 am

blueturando wrote:In a perverse way I would like to see Labour win the next GE and then sit back and laugh because Miliband will just carry on with Camerons policies...but I have come to learn from being on this forum that it's not the policies that matter to many of you, but who makes the policies.
In other words you would all go along with the current policies and defend them to the ends of the earth as long as its a Labour government making them....Tribalism at its worst

OW is right on the button blue (next post) you think it laughable if the Labour party get into power May 2015, what you have not said about the dick heads in power at the moment they have SIGNED so many contracts with the private sector it would cost us a fortune in court fees to get out of them, JUST LIKE IT IS GOING TO COST US £40 MILLION PLUS WITH THE WEST COAST TRAINS DEBACLE and just to remind you it was your SHYTEY Tories that caused it. Yes we all know the deficit has to be paid down but there is more than one way to skin a cat not that the Tories could work that out plus it is against there own IDEOLOGY and you talk about Labour members Tribalism you have got a nerve when boosting your own parties IDEOLOGY.

I watched the day that the NHS bill came into being and I say Andy Burnham stand up and say when Labour got into power again he would REPEAL it, and what did Landsley do shook his head saying no you will not, reason he knew that to repeal it would cost the UK tax payers a bloody fortune because it was Landsley that signed 49% over too the private sector and they where written in such a way it would take an army of QCs to get us out of it, so if Labour do fail to get this country of its KNEES the only people to blame will be the FCUKING Tories. :bom: :bom: :bom:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:01 am

Blueturando said:
In a perverse way I would like to see Labour win the next GE and then sit back and laugh because Miliband will just carry on with Camerons policies...but I have come to learn from being on this forum that it's not the policies that matter to many of you, but who makes the policies.
In other words you would all go along with the current policies and defend them to the ends of the earth as long as its a Labour government making them....Tribalism
at its worst

Before the last election Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling, not only saved the world from total financial meltdown by their swift and very nessesary action, which the majority of other countries followed, but got the economy rising and unemployment decreasing. It has only been since you Tories have been in power that borrowing has gone to higher levels than those proposed by the previous Labour Government, not only that, Labours borrowing was to aid recovery and create jobs, whereas Tory Borrowing is doing nothing other than pay the increased welfare bill created by themselves,( reminds me of the wasted North Sea oil revenue, used to to pay for the unemployement created by the then Conservative Government). They put countless thousands out of work, then cut their benefits, with many more waiting for their redindancy notices, how fare is that my Tory Friend.
Ed Miliband and Ed Balls can not and quite rightly will not disclose what they will do with regards to deficit reduction, as in reality the deficit has grown since May 2010 (despite Herr Cameron’s false claim that he has reduced it by 25%).

It seems that any Tory interviewed knows how much Labour borrowing will be, where Labour don’t actually know themselves. Just how is Ed Miliband going to be able to give any figures when the present Chancellor doesn’t know what they will be from Month to Month.

If we carry on as we are with an increasing deficit, increasing unemployment, increased borrowing and a population that can not afford to go out shopping, creating more and more bankruptcies. They have put us into a downward spiral, racing to the bottom and are quite prepared to do sweet FA to stop it.

Had Labour remained in Power after May 2010, the chances are that growth would have continued, unemployment would have continued to reduce, more people paying Income tax and VAT, no double dip recession. So for you to say what you did bluey could well be correct and the important thing is, whilst we are in this race to the bottom, Labour can not have any idea what sort of a mess they will inherit from Herr Cameron. I mean if Gideon can not get one forecast right in two and a half years, just how is Ed Miliband going to be able to foresee the depth of the shit we will be in come May 2015.

Last edited by bobby on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:17 am

The Port of Dover is being recommended by Government advisers for sale to the French authorities.

It is one of a string of public assets which have been earmarked for privatisation as the Government battles with a record £830billion national debt.

The proposal for the port has prompted outrage.

Prospective Tory MP for Dover Charles Elphicke said: ‘It’s clear Gordon Brown has no sense of the history of our nation or the pride of our town.

‘How dare he consider selling it all off to the French? Dover is the English border. The people of Dover have a clear message for him – hands off our port, hands off the English border.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249194/Dover-symbol-British-sovereignty-sold-French-help-reduce-debt.html#ixzz28tD7WtUG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So there we have it, the Frogs have got the two bridges over the river severn, our water, our electricity/gas our refuse disposal, and now are set to own a large chunk of Dover.
The Bastards nearly have us surrounded
This could be the tip of the Iceberg, if the Tories continue to flog everything off, we will not have a strait fight between Labour and Tory come 2015, but will be voting for some Frog politician, as they will own more of the UK than we British do.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:25 pm

bobby wrote:The Port of Dover is being recommended by Government advisers for sale to the French authorities.

It is one of a string of public assets which have been earmarked for privatisation as the Government battles with a record £830billion national debt.

The proposal for the port has prompted outrage.

Prospective Tory MP for Dover Charles Elphicke said: ‘It’s clear Gordon Brown has no sense of the history of our nation or the pride of our town.

‘How dare he consider selling it all off to the French? Dover is the English border. The people of Dover have a clear message for him – hands off our port, hands off the English border.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249194/Dover-symbol-British-sovereignty-sold-French-help-reduce-debt.html#ixzz28tD7WtUG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So there we have it, the Frogs have got the two bridges over the river severn, our water, our electricity/gas our refuse disposal, and now are set to own a large chunk of Dover.
The Bastards nearly have us surrounded
This could be the tip of the Iceberg, if the Tories continue to flog everything off, we will not have a strait fight between Labour and Tory come 2015, but will be voting for some Frog politician, as they will own more of the UK than we British do.

Great post bobby and very informative for the likes of me who live in Scotland, we have the same problem here in Scotland the Maggot never managed to sell our water but the L/Ds here in Scotland are telling the SNP they could make about 1.5 Billion if we sold it to cover the CUT in the grant Scotland gets (this after London getting most of our taxes and gas and oil money) I am just waiting for a L/D to come up to me and ask for my vote it will be the worst day of his life and he/she will be given a message from me to Cleggy and it will be RUDE Impolite and every other swear word I can think of.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:06 pm

If Iain Dumkopf Scmidt's Father was still alive, how he woulf feel about his spawn being a part of the Government that are giving away the Countr he( Group Captain Wilfrid George Gerald Duncan Smith, DSO and Bar, DFC and 2 Bars (28 May 1914 – 11 December 1996) was a British Royal Air Force Second World War Flying) was one of the few who kept Britain free from Nazi occupation. Now the son of a hero is busying himself with the Government which he is a part of, dishing out bits of Britain to anyone with a big enough cheque book. What a bastard.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Apparently David Cameron hadn't realised how bad things actually were when the Coalition took over (though he doesn't mention the coalition).

Everybody else knew, and wondered where they were keeping the magic Golden Goose.

They are in government by deception.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:39 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Apparently David Cameron hadn't realised how bad things actually were when the Coalition took over (though he doesn't mention the coalition).

Everybody else knew, and wondered where they were keeping the magic Golden Goose.

They are in government by deception.

As he was an opposition MP at the time of the (W)Bankers crash and Gordon Brown had to go and borrow a hell of a lot of money to bail the banks out, so no more of his BLOODY LIES he knew exactly what he was getting into. I have come to the conclusion never ever to believe a word that comes out of his mouth. cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:45 am

Saw this on MSN this morning. What a bloody stupid question.

Do you support David Cameron's plan to force energy companies to put all customers on their lowest rate?
Yes
87 % Yes
15,479 votesNo
13 % No
2,233 votesSkip to resultsBack to voting
ShareShare thisThank you for sharing on Facebook
Total responses: 17,712
Not scientifically valid. Results are updated every minute.

I wonder who the 13% represent? shareholders in energy compainies I expect.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:25 am

These bursts of popular indignation from a Politician follow a well-charted course through newspaper comment, parliamentary knockabout and calls for a Commission of Enquiry, ending with an exhortation for the industry concerned to establish a "voluntary code" of self-regulation.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:40 am

Mel wrote: I wonder who the 13% represent? shareholders in energy compainies I expect.

Hello Mel. Could they be people like me, who see it from a slightly different angle. The thing is Mel, just who is it that decides exactly how much the energy companies lowest rate is. It is of course the energy companies themselves, and IF they are running an illegal cartell, what chance de anyone have of ever getting what should be the lowest price. There are many different ways of asking and answering a question where a simple yes, no wont do.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:58 am

Hello bobby,

Fair comment my boy.

Thank you OW for your eloquent reply.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:48 am

I think Labour supporters should be very wary and not take anything for granted.
There are suddenly some snippets of positive economic news filtering through, like for example the fall in unemployment and the rise in retail sales.

The people of this country are fickle and many will not understand the many implications behind some of these headlines, that for example most of the new jobs are part time and low paid, that poverty is rising and standards of living is falling, or that the NHS is falling apart.

This morning there was news that government borrowing is down, once again this appears to be a positive headline, but when you are closing hospital wards, refusing to operate on people who need operations and refuse to give people the drugs they need, then of course public spending will fall.

Public borrowing is falling because spending on essential front line services is falling, and the bankers, the tory set and the very rich are laughing.

The opinion polls have been showing a clear and consistent 10 point lead for Labour, in my view this ought to be 15 to 20 points.

I accept that things on the whole are looking good for Labour, but what I am pointing out is that Labour supporters ought not be complacent, we need to bang the drum as loudly as possible, and keep on banging it until May 2015.

witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:49 am

bobby wrote:Mel wrote: I wonder who the 13% represent? shareholders in energy compainies I expect.

Hello Mel. Could they be people like me, who see it from a slightly different angle. The thing is Mel, just who is it that decides exactly how much the energy companies lowest rate is. It is of course the energy companies themselves, and IF they are running an illegal cartell, what chance de anyone have of ever getting what should be the lowest price. There are many different ways of asking and answering a question where a simple yes, no wont do.

Hi bobby

I thought it was against the law to run a cartel ? so why can't the justice dept do something about it.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by methought Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:48 pm

The people of this country are fickle and many will not understand the many implications behind some of these headlines, that for example most of the new jobs are part time and low paid, that poverty is rising and standards of living is falling, or that the NHS is falling apart.

Low paid and no paid even; wages being forced down or compulsory redundancies - good choice mate - and the press criticizing public sector workers to make the public unsympathetic to their own future needs.

It never fails to amaze me how quickly a baying mob can be roused to cut off their own noses to spite their own faces... e.g. doctors get paid too much, nurses don't care about their patients, residents get abused in care homes, etc etc So we don't want these services?? Dumb and dumber say nothing....
methought
methought

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:46 pm

methought wrote:

Low paid and no paid even; wages being forced down or compulsory redundancies - good choice mate - and the press criticizing public sector workers to make the public unsympathetic to their own future needs.

It never fails to amaze me how quickly a baying mob can be roused to cut off their own noses to spite their own faces... e.g. doctors get paid too much, nurses don't care about their patients, residents get abused in care homes, etc etc So we don't want these services?? Dumb and dumber say nothing....

I agree with what you have said methought, but can you clear up why we enjoy cutting off our noses to spite our faces I also noted that when Scam..er..on was announcing the fall in unemployment figures not saying how many of the jobs where part-time.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Redflag said: I thought it was against the law to run a cartel ? so why can't the justice dept do something about it.

Hello Red, you are of course correct, the problem though Red is Proof”, If a cartel runs on a verbal agreement as it has been suspected the oil companies do and have done for years on and off, it is very difficult or impossible to prove they are in fact running a cartel.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:13 pm

bobby wrote:Redflag said: I thought it was against the law to run a cartel ? so why can't the justice dept do something about it.

Hello Red, you are of course correct, the problem though Red is Proof”, If a cartel runs on a verbal agreement as it has been suspected the oil companies do and have done for years on and off, it is very difficult or impossible to prove they are in fact running a cartel.

Hi bobby

I thought that it was illegal to run a cartel, is there no other way to prove cartels in action?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:44 pm

"The 'plebs' row is a mere sideshow to destructive Tory incompetence" by Polly Toynbee:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/20/plebs-sideshow-destructive-tory-incompetence?commentpage=2#start-of-comments
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Ivan wrote:"The 'plebs' row is a mere sideshow to destructive Tory incompetence" by Polly Toynbee:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/20/plebs-sideshow-destructive-tory-incompetence?commentpage=2#start-of-comments

Thanks for the link Ivan, I just wonder with Osborne cheating the rail company out of their proper fare could that be more ammo for Ed Miliband on Wednesday's PMQs?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next