Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies?

+22
LWS
Dan Fante
ghost whistler
Penderyn
Deadly Nightshade
Mel
methought
Shirina
tlttf
blueturando
boatlady
Tosh
Red Cat Woman
bobby
KnarkyBadger
astradt1
Adele Carlyon
sickchip
skwalker1964
oftenwrong
Phil Hornby
Ivan
26 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 8 Empty Cameron is obnoxious and loathsome

Post by Ivan Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

We were warned two years ago that Cameron is an obnoxious and loathsome individual, but not enough people were listening:-
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/02/04/david-cameron-what-the-experts-say-115875-22017276/
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 8 Empty Re: Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies?

Post by Redflag Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:11 pm

boatlady wrote:Anyone would think they'd set out to do that, instead of the election pledge to 'pay down the deficit'

That is exactly what they intended to do boatlady, but what they were not expecting was that the UK would be so COMPLIANT.:yeahthat:

Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 8 Empty Re: Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies?

Post by Ivan Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:42 pm

I wonder why the Tories' pre-election pledge of "A bigger Army for a safer Britain" has been deleted from their website? Rolling Eyes 

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 8 BZhjoPNCQAA1Key
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZhjoPNCQAA1Key.png
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:56 pm

It's only a couple of centuries ago that an English Bishop would have lived in a Castle, and had his own Army to protect it.

What about it, Archbish?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:46 am

Ivan wrote:I wonder why the Tories' pre-election pledge of "A bigger Army for a safer Britain" has been deleted from their website? Rolling Eyes 

With the size of our armed forces decreasing at an alarming rate if any invaders want to chance their arm could someone direct them to the area of "CHIPPING NORTON" first :yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:12 pm

".... if any invaders want to chance their arm ...."

They only have to wait until Christmas, which is when Britain is closed.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:02 am

oftenwrong wrote:".... if any invaders want to chance their arm ...."

Just make sure they have the directions to Chipping Norton OW. :yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:28 am

The internet won't forget Cameron's lies, and neither will the British people

Extracts from an article by Laurie Penny:-

The speech in which Cameron chose to announce permanent austerity was delivered at the Lord Mayor's banquet. The next day, the world found out that his government hasn't just lied for years about its true intentions, it has attempted to delete the evidence of those lies from the internet.

Cameron puts on a tailcoat, dines on fillet of beef and "a celebration of British mushrooms" and announces that he has lied to the public for three years. He has lied to them before, during and after the election at which he promised to be the most "transparent" leader ever, lied in a way that will make this country a harder, meaner, more unequal place to live for generations, and he expects not only to stay in power, but to finish his tasting plate of patriotic fungus first.

This is no longer the Nanny State. Labour may have treated us like children, but the Tories treat us like animals, like dull penned beasts bred out of every brain cell and trained not to stampede.

Just because the Tories have tried to destroy evidence of their own deceit, doesn't mean we can't keep track of what they're doing. They do not get to erase the commitments to green investment, to healthcare spending, to fairness, tolerance and transparency without pushback. They do not get to claim that this world of hopelessness, poverty and plummeting living standards is what anybody voted for three years ago. The internet does not forget hypocrisy, and neither will a nation that's sick of politicians lying over and over again. Cameron had better enjoy those posh mushrooms while they last.

For the whole article:-
http://www.newstatesman.com/laurie-penny/2013/11/internet-wont-forget-camerons-lies-and-neither-will-british-people
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:06 am

IVAN The Tory party and DC would like to think we all came up the Clyde on a banana boat and will not remember what him and his ILK have done to the people of the UK, he will find out in May 2015 we are not as green as we are cabbage looking, as for myself I am very good at Casting up so I am looking forward to a Tory or Lib-Dem coming to my door and asking for my vote let me tell you they will go away with their Head tucked underneath their arm and my boot up their backside. If the rest of the UK do the same thing there will not only be a DEFUNCT Lib-Dem party the Tories will follow them to the SCRAPHEAP for LYING & CHEATING Politicians where they will remain for DECADES.:yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:25 am

The liar Blair could at least remember what lies he'd told, and modified them as and when required, but Cameron either doesn't remember his lies or just doesn't care whether we notice.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:47 pm

I think the answer to your question OW is he can't remember, otherwise why wipe promises he made in 2010 off the web ??
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:16 pm

Which of them climaxed first, would you think?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:27 pm

Even the woman in the background on the left appears to be surreptitiously practising her pointing skills... probably in preparation for lecturing the lower orders 'in their own interests'...     Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Possibly an unconscious indication of who she would prefer to impregnate her, given a choice. Or not.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:36 am

in which case, it's a dangerous business pointing at the Tory front bench,  given that - wherever the finger is actually directed - it is hard to escape the territory covered by the vast bulk of that fat bastard Pickles...

Crying or Very sad
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:11 am

I would like to see that FAT BACKSTUD Pickles have a heart attack in the HOC so we could all watch him take his last breath :yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Cameron's Glory Moment in South Africa

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFvwWYBByEQLec_m6AivePWi4tia0ZdIs7VIys5SDRlL1CxHSW(bbc)

" Yes, the crowd gave me a standing ovation. Just ask President Obama, who was entering the stadium at the time..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:08 pm

I think even Obama is starting to see Cameron for what he really is nothing but a  SCUMBAG. :yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:34 am

The Government's aim is to double spending on Dementia research to, err, double.

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 8 Science_news111220130002581-1
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:57 am

The only thing that Dodgy Dave will increase is tax breaks for those donating to Tory party funds LYING BACKSTUD  :yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by LWS Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:40 pm

oftenwrong wrote:The Government's aim is to double spending on Dementia research to, err, double.
We all know that lie will quickly forgotten by the serial liar.

Last edited by Ivan on Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : No need to show us Cameron's ugly mug for a second time!)
LWS
LWS

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Re: Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies?

It certainly seems not. What I would like to know though is "where is Labours answer to them" The only positive action I am seeing first hand are the begging letters which accompany any correspondence sent to me by the Labour party.
Most of the literature I receive from Labour is to tell me some of the things they want or intend to do and to ask for a donation or thank me for one I have already made, what I say is "what's the point" I am a Labour party member who donates anyway and will vote in the next election for no one other than the Labour Party. Surely instead of wasting much time on me and others like me, they would better serve me if they took the fight to potential Tory voters and disillusioned Lib Dems. Just what are they waiting for, if they are waiting for Herr Cameron and the likes of Iain Dumkopf Schmidt to hang themselves given enough rope, well I'm afraid the rope has been hanging around so long now it had frayed and rotted. We have had many protests and strikes during the reign of this rancid Coalition Government yet bugger all has been seen in the media. Its plainly obvious there is a gagging order in place so we hear nothing other than what Herr Cameron wants us to hear, It sounds to me more like Nazi Germany or present day  North Korea than Britain of the 21st century.
Although I do not place too much on any daily poll other than to see what the overall trend is, well just look at the polls and the trend for stagnation seems to be what we have. Labour enjoyed a lead of around 13 points but has since gone down to between 4 and seven and hasn't really risen to what I would call a healthy advantage for around a year.
We have just over 16months in which to defeat the Tory scum and if they don't act immediately we will miss the boat and will lose the election, and the only people I will blame for that are the Labour party MP's and Lords. (note I say Labour will lose as opposed to the Tories will win)
I know some will say that Labour don't get a fair crack of the whip when it comes to what is and what is not published in the media, but when being interviewed on the telly, instead of answering the question posed should do as the Tories have done for many years and simply change the direction of the interview and tell the public what they want, not what is really is  going on. Labour interviewees must not just meekly go along with the likes of Andrew Neil, Andrew Marr or David Dimbleby and allow themselves to be made to look like the villain whilst leaving Herr Cameron a free hand to continue the Politics of Myths and Lies ..
A Labour Victory at the next General Election is firmly in Ed Miliband's hands and its up to him to either win it or hand it over to Herr David Cameron.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:03 pm

"just look at the polls and the trend for stagnation seems to be what we have."

Yes, indeedy! The British electorate are just waiting for the divine bolt of lightning which we so obviously deserve. Hallelujah.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:21 am

An utterly disgusting example of the Tories putting their 'principles' before the good of those most in need:

Government under fire for rejecting European Union food bank funding

Critics say Conservative anti-EU ideology being put ahead of needs of the poor after UK officials turn down subsidy

The government has been accused of putting "anti-European ideology" before the needs of the most deprived people in society after Britain rejected help from a European Union fund to help subsidise the costs of food banks.

David Cameron, who was heavily criticised recently after Michael Gove blamed the rise in food banks on financial mismanagement by families, faced pressure to embark on a U-turn to allow EU funds to be spent on feeding the poor.
Full story here: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/dec/17/government-under-fire-eu-funding-food-banks
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:19 am

The next General Election seems to be shaping up as a Referendum manqué on various things; British membership of the EU, Immigration policy, Regional independence, social division, welfare provision, banking reform and economic competence.

There's going to be a lot hanging on that pencilled cross.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:23 am

oftenwrong wrote:There's going to be a lot hanging on that pencilled cross.
The only thing that interests me is where people put that pencilled cross OW, as long its not against the VILE Tory or Lib-Dem candidate  :yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:43 pm

"The only thing that interests me is where people put that pencilled cross OW, as long its not against the VILE Tory or Lib-Dem candidate"

Unless Ed and the rest of the Labour Party get their fingers out, I'm afraid many X's nect to Tory, Lib-Dem or UKIP may very well be on the cards.
Did you hear Herr Cameron boasting that unemployment was down. What does the stupid Git think is going to happen just before Christmas.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Nice to see the Tory-controlled Hammersmith and Fulham Council getting into the festive spirit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25428796
They're all heart.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:35 pm

This sort of thing can be positive - you know where you stand when the Authorities tell you what they really think about you.

Probably more illuminating than the routine caring community BS.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 8 Empty Cameron worst prime minister ever

Post by weetam21 Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:53 pm

He is running a very close second to The Blessed Margaret,she destroyed what was left of British industry he is destroying what is left of social services. Absolutely no mandate.
Anonymous
weetam21

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:10 pm

"The Blessed Margaret, .... destroyed what was left of British industry he is destroying what is left of social services."

Which might hurt less if it wasn't all so casually incompetent.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:35 pm

bobby. I think we’ve had a conversation before about what Labour should be doing and what it is doing. In fact, I’ve just found it here:-
https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk/t840p240-where-should-the-labour-party-position-itself-part-2#49635

The perceived wisdom is that governments lose elections, rather than oppositions win them – unless of course they have Rupert Murdoch firing on all cylinders for them, as in Britain in 2010 and Australia this year. But of course that doesn’t mean we should just sit back and wait for this vile government to implode.

You’ve acknowledged that Labour doesn’t get fair coverage from the media, so what is Labour supposed to do? It can’t change anything in Parliament while the Lib Dems are propping up the Tories. So every weekend, usually in marginal constituencies, there are Labour members and supporters taking part in the ‘doorstep’ campaign, talking to thousands of individuals outside their homes. That probably accounts for why, according to some polling evidence (even that arranged by Lord Ashcroft), Labour is further ahead in the marginals than in the rest of the country.

I find it frustrating that Labour isn’t polling about 60% at present. However, although Labour’s lead may not be big, it’s much more consistent that leads which the Tories achieved before 2010. Labour usually polls around 38%, which is 9% higher than what it achieved in the last election. Much of the increase can be attributed to the switch to Labour from left-leaning Lib Dem members and supporters who felt betrayed within a few months of the formation of this coalition from hell. The vast majority of those people will never consider voting Lib Dem again.

So the Labour vote will go up next time, and the Tories couldn’t win a majority in 2010. I don’t mean to sound complacent, but who on earth is going to vote Tory in 2015 if they didn’t do so in 2010? Maybe Crosby will ensure that the election campaign is so dirty that we get the equivalent of another ‘Zinoviev letter’ from one of the tabloids – perhaps one of them will suggest that Ed Miliband or Ed Balls is a paedophile, just a couple of days before the election so that there’s little time to refute the libel. I can’t see what else would do the trick for the Tories, although they will pander to the Alf Garnett and ‘Little Englander’ mentality as they grub around for votes.

Please have a look at the following links:-

Electoral Calculus uses massive samples for its polls - usually around 10,000 people – and it was the most accurate pre-poll predictor of the last general election. It says there’s a 4% chance of an outright Tory win in 2015 and a 3% chance of another Con/Lib coalition:-
http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/homepage.html

Tory Party membership has declined drastically since Cameron became the leader and they don’t have the foot soldiers to deliver leaflets and knock on doors (if they dare!). Tory MP Douglas Carswell thinks his party is being run like HMV, and we know what happened to that:-
https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk/t848-is-the-tory-party-an-anachronism-which-should-be-disbanded

George Eaton gives us five reasons why Labour is likely to win in 2015:-
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/07/why-odds-are-still-labour-victory-2015
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:44 am

oftenwrong wrote:This sort of thing can be positive - you know where you stand when the Authorities tell you what they really think about you.

Probably more illuminating than the routine caring community BS.
I found it quite worrying that the article didn't contain a single mention of it being a Tory ran local authority though, didn't you?
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:22 am

"... and knock on doors (if they dare!). "

I live in an area which always returns a Tory MP - although there is also a LibDem quite nearby, too.

I have enjoyed the experience of Conservative canvassers calling on me and their being " sure we can count on your support".  The look on their faces when I tell them what the prospects are of my putting my scrawled cross against their candidate's name is a treat to behold!

I was not offered a mugshot of their favoured Westminster representative to place in my window, and they tend not to call here much anymore. Funny , that...        Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:45 am

Hello Ivan. I totally agree with all you say, perhaps I am a bit of an electoral pessimist but I can still remember the last Election Labour where set to win and where winning right up until the votes where counted. What we didn't bank on was Neil Kinnocks stupid premature Americana styled antics ( I actually like Neil Kinnock and believe he would have made a good PM).

With that firmly embedded in my memory, I am taking nothing for granted, until Ed Miliband is invited by the Queen to form a Government nothing in my mind is certain.

All of the extremely valid points you made are spot on but as Herr Cameron keeps up his lying and cheating, his latest is how unemployment is down, funny that and just before Christmas, just like it goes down every year at this time. The problem I am having is almost everything the Bastard says can be believed by those Boris Johnson calls stupid especially without a robust response by Labour. I as you know Labour will never have a fair deal when it comes to the Media, that is why Labour need to find other ways of getting their words out, not just meekly allowing Herr Cameron and the likes of Andrew Neil and David Dimbleby to always set the agenda. I personally can't see a 4 to 7 point lead in the polls to be anywhere near enough to rest ones Laurels on.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Whatever you might think about Mr. Murdoch, he's usually been quite adept at reading the runes of Public Opinion, so I take a slight encouragement from the evident fact that Cameron is no longer the Digger's Annointed. Recent articles in "News Corp" papers have not been particularly flattering for Dave.

Watch that space.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:02 pm

bobby wrote:"The only thing that interests me is where people put that pencilled cross OW, as long its not against the VILE Tory or Lib-Dem candidate"

Unless Ed and the rest of the Labour Party get their fingers out, I'm afraid many X's nect to Tory, Lib-Dem  or UKIP may very well be on the cards.
Did you hear Herr Cameron boasting that unemployment was down. What does the stupid Git think is going to happen just before Christmas.

Sorry Bobby I do not believe a word that comes out of any Tories gob, I wonder if he will tell us how many are xmas temp jobs or zero hour contract jobs but time will tell come Januarary 2014.  :yeahthat: 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:50 pm

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 8 Bcp81OnCQAIt-g7
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:25 pm

Just as I said earlier Ivan every word that comes out the mouth of all Tories is BLATANT LIES, and what is worse they actually believe their own LIES. :yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:08 pm

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:34 am

After three years of LYING through his back teeth its a wonder his tongue had not fallen out, it is the most experienced part of his anatomy because nothing else works. :yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next