Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most likely result of the general election in 2015?

+18
astradt1
cybercheshired
patakace
Sharon
methought
stuart torr
ghost whistler
James Gibson
boatlady
bobby
buckspygmy
Ivan
oftenwrong
Phil Hornby
witchfinder
Redflag
Penderyn
Tashski
22 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Most likely result of the general election in 2015? - Page 4 Empty Most likely result of the general election in 2015?

Post by Tashski Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Looking at the current state of UK politics what do you all think is the most likely outcome of the next General Election?

Personally I think Labour will win but not with a out right majority (as it currently stands at least).

I had a quick look and couldn't see another thread like this but if there is my apologies.
Tashski
Tashski

http://tashb.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Most likely result of the general election in 2015? - Page 4 Empty Re: Most likely result of the general election in 2015?

Post by stuart torr Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Hello Sharon love, what's bloody happening to them? have they not got the guts to take them on or what?

stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Most likely result of the general election in 2015? - Page 4 Empty Re: Most likely result of the general election in 2015?

Post by oftenwrong Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:45 pm

QUOTE: Another Labour MP standing down - can Labour hold Edinburgh South West?

A ripple of applause for Labour's last Chancellor?  Alastair Darling can probably read the tea leaves as well as any of us.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:59 pm

Trouble is OW he's looking in a coffee cup to do it.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:02 pm

stuart torr wrote:Hello Sharon love, what's bloody happening to them? have they not got the guts to take them on or what?

Hiya Stu, damned good question! Talk about dropping the Party right in it Sad
Sharon
Sharon

https://t.co/b4OTGqekvv

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Exactly Sharon, sounds like he's been got at by someone to me, but who?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Don't think he will turn up having joined UKIP DO YOU Sharon?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:24 pm

stuart torr wrote:Don't think he will turn up having joined UKIP DO YOU Sharon?

lol! lol! lol!
Sharon
Sharon

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:07 pm

Just that everybody else seems to Sharon, always a possibility? Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:51 pm

I'd be astounded Stu
Sharon
Sharon

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:00 pm

Ah well at least we know what we have got to do then, just lose with a smile.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Most likely result of the general election in 2015? - Page 4 Empty 2015 election

Post by Sharon Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:29 am

Had a busy week at work, and the next 2 weeks are even busier!

The latest poll from Electoral Calculus makes for grim reading....
Sharon
Sharon

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:28 am

I keep telling everyone Sharon, but they say labour is in front, I know from all the past experience when in the union ETC, I'M almost drowning my sorrows now in expectation of the Tory victory.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:32 am

Stuart all we are saying is when push comes to shove the majority of people will not want a Tory majority gov't, and for that reason the people of the UK will vote Labour in the general election, because they know that the Labour party will not treat them the way the Tories have over the last 4 years.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:38 am

I hope so Redflag I bloody well hope so.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:14 pm

Time to confess; Labour's a mess;
No help at hand; Miliband, head in sand;
Dreams of past glories; outflanked by Tories;
Dragging their feet; election defeat...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:50 pm

You know that I think the same Phil, but I just hope that we are wrong that is all.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:01 pm

A seasoned political commentator with 30 years experience writes in today's Independent that it's impossible to call.

People who are disillusioned by MPs expenses scandals and the knockabout farce of PMQs, added to the unpleasantness of the current administration, are going to vote for one of the peripheral parties if they bother to vote at all.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:39 pm

Blimey OW, even in the independent as well, so it must be close at the moment.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:41 pm

I just hope the people of the UK wake up and start to listen to Ed & the Labour party, otherwise we will end up up the creek without a paddle stuart.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:09 pm

It will be worse than that Redflag love. Remember Bogie and Hepburn stuck up their creek?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:48 pm

The tory papers are desperately trying to divide the Labour Party, because they will otherwise lose. Labour is ahead on most polls, and the tories would need to be ahead by three points to be equal in Parliament. If the SNP win a lot of seats in Scotland, how does that help the tories, whom they detest? The media campaign of fuhrers is a tedious old game.
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:21 am

Exactly so, Penderyn, but knowing that something is wrong does not of itself put things right. The Industrial Revolution transformed an agricultural society into a Capitalist one, but wealth is still largely generated by ownership of Land and breaking into that magic circle of landowners becomes more difficult with the passing of each day.

Solve that fundamental problem and quite a few other ones will slot into place.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:07 pm

Penderyn wrote:The tory papers are desperately trying to divide the Labour Party, because they will otherwise lose.    Labour is ahead on most polls, and the tories would need to be ahead by three points to be equal in Parliament.   If the SNP win a lot of seats in Scotland, how does that help the tories, whom they detest?    The media campaign of fuhrers is a tedious old game.

I would not be too sure that the SNP hate the Tories Pendweyn, if you take a look at the SNP policies in there white paper published last November you will see there only cut in tax was for the big corporations of 3p no increase in the top rate of tax back up to 50p. The price the SNP would ask for joining Labour in a coalition would be too heavy a price for Labour to pay = another Indepence referendum for all 55% of Scots said NO they will not be happy until they get a yes vote for Independence. Things here in Scotland are that great because the SNP are more focussed on Independence than running Scotland so I hope the Tories sock it to the SNP.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:48 pm

I agree with Oftenwrong about capitalism, but the question was about politics within that rotten system. I think, Redflag, that the key point is that the SNP has expressed so much hatred of the tories that supporting them would discredit the nationalists even more than the Liberals discredited themselves with their personal pledges. I think the possibility of a coalition is extremely low, but could the SNP risk voting a Labour government out?
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:33 pm

A victory for the Labour Party.

The right-wing Press is incandescent with criticism of Ed Miliband.
What are they worried about, you might ask?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:20 am

They have to try and destroy his reputation prior to the G.E. OW or they will not win will they?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:12 pm

I think that Labour supporters should take the opportunity to console themselves that the prospect of defeat at the General Election means that their Party will not have to take on the unenviable responsibility for meeting the British public's huge and hopelessly inflated expectations which will inevitably arise from the current overblown promises and rhetoric from both the Tories and UKIP, as each tries to outdo the other.

Despite all the current mutual abuse, they will probably end up in Coalition to ensure that Cameron does not have to release his precious grip on power and so that Farage can strut about as Deputy PM. They probably won't be able to deliver on many of the major assurances they are presently giving and it will only be a matter of time before Joe and Josephine Public fall out of love with them. There is every prospect of constant squabbling , too, since UKIP will not be the lapdogs which the LibDems have so willingly been. Add to that the little matter of the likelihood of their Media friends not being keen to be associated with an increasingly failing and unpopular government and we have a recipe for eventual major dissatisfaction with Dave and Nige.

The one awful price to be paid is the continuing - and worsening - plight of the poor and disadvantaged. But their fate is the fault of Ed Miliband and Labour's propensity for being ineffective in opposition and shooting themselves in the foot at every turn.

Frankly, I am sick of the whole sorry spectacle...

Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:28 pm

Phil if it comes to the point of the Tories and UKIP coalition, and they are ruling after the G.E. would that mean Cameron as P.M. and Farage would be the deputy?
The public would soon get fed up of the pair of them as leaders and an election would soon be recalled would it not?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:44 pm

The applicable cliché is that The People will get the government they deserve, next May.

Maybe it will focus minds if the only Party not intent upon raping the common man takes a Gap Year (or ten).
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:33 pm

I do not fully understand your post OW?
You say firstly that people will get the government they deserve next may? only if the idiots open their eyes to see what is going on in front of them.
The party not intent on raping the common man is the Labour party is it not? so if they took a gap year it would be a walkover almost for the Tories would it not?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Sharon wrote:I'd be astounded Stu

I am with you Sharon I do not think ANY Labour MP will defect to Ukip, although Farage would love that only so the Labour voters would vote Ukip in 2015 which could mean that Farage would be the next PM because that is what Farage wants complete power over the UK, then would the people of the UK find out exactly what Ukis really about.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Bleeding hell Redflag, a Labour M.P. going over to UKIP? put against the firing squad if they do!!
Farage has ideas of being bloody P.M. as it is, talk about ideas of grandeur.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Penderyn wrote:I agree with Oftenwrong about capitalism, but the question was about politics within that rotten system.   I think, Redflag, that the key point is that the SNP has expressed so much hatred of the tories that supporting them would discredit the nationalists even more than the Liberals discredited themselves with their personal pledges.    I think the possibility of a coalition is extremely low, but could the SNP risk voting a Labour government out?

Would not put it passed them Penderyn to fcuk it up for the Labour party some of there policies are right wing in there white paper of last year the only tax break in it in tax cuts was a 3p cut in Corporation tax for big businesses but nothing for the working man/women.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:48 pm

stuart torr wrote:Phil if it comes to the point of the Tories and UKIP coalition, and they are ruling after the G.E. would that mean Cameron as P.M. and Farage would be the deputy?
The public would soon get fed up of the pair of them as leaders and an election would soon be recalled would it not?

If that is the gov't we get in May 2015 you can bet one pond to a penny within six months there will be a REVELUTION here in the UK of the French varitie stuart
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:22 pm

I dare not think that far ahead Redflag, if that is the government that we are going to get. Mad afraid
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Most likely result of the general election in 2015? - Page 4 Empty Most likely result of the general election

Post by bobby Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:04 pm

May 2015 will not be a protest vote. More people will vote with their heads instead of their hearts.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:10 pm

I truly hope so bobby, I hope they will have come to their senses by then.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Me too stuart I do not care as long as we get a Labour gov't in 2015, if we get another Tory coalition I see Revelution in the UK.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:21 pm

Especially when it is 19 % pay rises for them, and 1 % for the real workers Redflag.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:06 pm

stuart torr wrote:Especially when it is 19 % pay rises for them, and 1 % for the real workers Redflag.

I agree stuart the NHS staff did not get there 1% pay rise but Osbornes mates get there 19% pay rise when is the UK going to wake up to the bloody Tories
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:28 am

Hopefully in the may election Redflag but you cannot tell with the fickle public can you?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next